69. You Have A Boyfriend In Another Band - Luke

Part 7/11 (Beyoncé anyone?)

...
Requested by:
@HeyImEmily12
...

• Derek Discanio - Luke✔️
• Zayn - Luke✔️

*last Luke part of the chapter*

SMH! I messed up and almost wrote the Harry Styles one 😂

I'm using my ~artistic license~ on this and interpreting "boyfriend" as "dude that you're currently with."

Luke:
You and Zayn had worked hard to be where you were. It was a long journey from where you both met on the Take Me Home tour, you were sent to spend some time with your brother after your Mum left. In the beginning he was of course dating Perrie Edwards of Little Mix, and you were young, so things started off as friendship. The time the two of you had together on that tour created some of your best memories. You kept in contact after that time and you supported him through his choice to leave One Direction. It was hard to stand by Zayn when some of the other boys, your friends, were unhappy with him and you. Luke flat out told you that you were thinking with your hormones instead of your heart, but you felt like you were using both. You knew that it was a difficult situation for everyone, you just weren't willing to sacrifice your friendship with Zayn over it. It if course helped that you had developed a crush on him by this point, but you didn't bring that up, especially since he was dating Perrie.

Your friendship was put to the test later that year when he did breakup with her, over text. You were pretty mad, even if you were jealous of her, you didn't like to see Petrie hurt that way. You thought that it was completely inappropriate for him to end such a long relationship and engagement so quickly. That's what you told him, you left out the naggy thoughts you had about him doing the same to you.

But during the conversation where you chewed him out, Zayn was quiet, you remembered that very clearly. He didn't say a thing until you were done ranting about respect. That's when he let you know, he broke up with her for you.

That was honestly one of the worst things he could've said. Not only did you now have to reevaluate and figure out if you were willing to date a person who had a thing for ending relationships over text, but now you felt super guilty about hurting Perrie.

Let's just say that had incident took a lot of recovery. But slowly, the two of you created a new normal. One where Zayn was no longer in One Direction, but also wasn't feuding. Where he wasn't dating Perrie, and was with you instead. Then he proposed, and your new normal became even stranger. It almost felt like you were in a dream. How had your rocky relationship turned into this? You were happily together now, planning your wedding which was soon-approaching. Today you were going out to taste cakes.

"Babe," Zayn asked from the other side of your shared bed, "does cake-tasting count as a date?"

You rolled over to face him, "I dunno, are you good enough to turn it into one?" You teased him, getting up.

"Psh, you underestimate me," he scoffed, following you into the closet.

"Hmmm... well I guess we'll see," you smiled, gathering up some clothes to wear and changing.

"I accept your challenge," he grinned at you while you buttoned up your pants.

"I look forward to seeing it," you patted him on the butt affectionately, as you walked past him and through the bedroom to the master bathroom to finish getting ready.