68. You Get A Detention - Ashton

Part 2/4
...
Requested by:
@HeyImEmily12

14-17
...

Ashton:
What were you going to do? You stared down at the little pink slip in your hands. A detention notice. You hadn't ever gotten a detention before, you didn't even know how it worked!

"Oh no, oh no, oh no," you buried your head in your hands and sighed. This couldn't be happening! You didn't really mean to break the dress code, it was an accident.

That morning you were rushed to get ready. You had thrown on whatever was available to you. You thought that you had grabbed a plain white t-shirt, but apparently it was a tank top. In your haste you didn't realize that you had broken the school rules, so you pulled on a zip-down sweatshirt and ran out the door to the bus stop. You hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to poor Ashton.

For your first few hours of the day it hadn't mattered that you had only worn the tank top as it was covered up completely. But then just before lunch you became warm, and unzipped your sweatshirt automatically. You didn't notice that your shoulder was exposed but your teacher sure did.

He actually stopped the lesson to ridicule you in front of the whole class.

"Miss Irwin, what are you doing?" He asked.

You hadn't even realized at the time that there was an issue at all. You were caught completely off guard by his public questioning, not at all prepared for all the eyes of the class to turn on you. Under the heat of their stares you felt your face burn red.

"Taking notes Sir?" You said quietly, shrinking back into your seat.

You didn't mean to sass him, but it came out that way. Your classmates had one of two reactions to that, half of them gaped at you in shock, and the others laughed. You felt yourself sink down even lower in your chair as your teacher grew angry. His hands were clenched into fists and his knuckles were a stark white.

"Was that sass Irwin?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No Sir, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong?" You gulped, trying to not make eye contact with your angry teacher.

He studied your face for a few tense moments, and then must have decided he believed you.

"Meet me in the hallway, bring all your things," he said, and then continued with the lesson as if nothing had happened.

You sat there slack-jawed for a moment and then gathered up your stuff, and kept your head down as the entire class watched you walk out the door and into the hallway.

A few seconds later Mr. Y/T/N joined you in the hallway, closing the door so that those inside couldn't hear.

"Y/N I need you to put your sweatshirt back on," he sighed.

You furrowed your eyebrows for a moment and looked down at your shirt. Or in that case, tank top. You felt really really stupid when you realized the whole thing was just a dress code violation.

"I'm sorry," you were embarrassed now, possibly more than before as you zipped your sweatshirt back up.

"We all make mistakes," he nodded, "I shouldn't've yelled at you. It's been a rough day."

"It's okay," you shifted uncomfortably. You weren't sure if it was really okay, but you also didn't really want to continue the conversation.

"Yes and well I am still as a staff member obligated to give you a detention for the rest of the day as to not distract the learning environment of your peers," he pulled out that fateful pink slip and handed it to you.