14. Irritation (CALM)

A/N- I don't even know what the central theme is anymore, but it's loosely irritation

Calum:
You were super bored. Calum hadn't gotten up yet from a late night at the studio so you didn't want to wake him up. This was unfortunate because you weren't exactly good at being quiet, nor did you enjoy quiet activities. Your grandma had tried to teach you to knit once in an attempt to give you something to do, but a needle ended up through her drywall. So, you were sitting on the couch, going through lists after lists of boring activities when it came to you. Food. People never let you near a kitchen due to your absentmindedness, but you knew deep deep down, that you would be an awesome chef. (Not to mention it wasn't loud and you were starving)

Flipping off of the couch you padded down into the kitchen and started rummaging through the fridge. What did you want to make? Pulling out anything that looked like it could be an ingredient you filled the counter up with stuff and then began rummaging through deciding what you wanted to make. Coming to the conclusion that pancakes would be easy, you began putting approximate amounts of the ingredients you had seen Calum use in the past. How hard could it be? After mixing your batter around and finding it to be edible-looking, you took out a pan and filled it with the batter, completely coating the bottom. After a few minutes of poking and waiting for it to be ready to flip, you became impatient and turned the stove-top up as high as it would go.

"Ding!" Your phone went off in a different room, forgetting all about your food you ran off to look. After 10 solid minutes of tearing apart the couch cushions and underneath the furniture, you found your phone. Happily standing up, you began to look through your texts when you smelled something funny. THE PANCAKE! You began to run towards the kitchen coughing on the smoke, and you could see what seemed to be a fireball in the pan you had left. Waving your arms out in front of you, you went to turn off the stove when the flame licked up your arm. You began to scream, barely recognizing the fact that the smoke alarm had begun to ring, signalling Calum that something was wrong.

"Y/N WHAT'S GOING ON IS THAT A FIRE?!?!" Calum yells, rushing into the kitchen. His eyes widened at the scene in front of him, and he expertly turns off the stove, then dumps water onto the flaming pan. He circled back around to look at you, and you knew that he was mad, the kitchen was in shambles, there was smoke everywhere, and it was all your fault.

"Y/N, what have I told you about the stove?" Calum asked stiffly.

"It's off limits," you said ashamed, hanging your head.

"And WHY is it off limits?" He continued patiently.

"Because I'm not responsible enough to be trusted around sharp objects, anything hot, or heavy things," you recited, still not making eye contact, "are you mad?" You added as an afterthought.

"A little, but I want to know why-," Calum grabbed your arm to pull you towards him, but stopped when you whimpered, "what happened?"

"I'm sorry! When I tried to turn off the stove I burned my arm!" You wailed, bursting into tears.

"Ok, ok, shhhhhhh, it's okay Y/N," Calum said, scooping you up.

"It hurts," you whined.

"I know, we are going to have to go to the emergency room, that looks serious," he sighed, examining your arm.

"Bu-," you complained, but he silenced you with a look.

"Maybe if you don't fight me on this one, I will overlook the mess you made."

"Fine."

A/N- Lemme know who y'all want me to write one for tomorrow. (Or I'll just default to Luke)