31. Fears (CALM)

Luke:
You had always been embarrassingly wimpy around heights. You couldn't help it, you had always gotten queasy when you were a few stories up, the sweaty palms and nausea haunted you. As it was a lifelong problem you were a pro when it came to making excuses about this particular aversion. Whether it was, 'the window is too far away', or 'sorry but I don't want to be scraped off of the pavement today', you did whatever it took to stay away from any perceived danger. This being said, you were trying every possible excuse to get out of going to the roller coaster park with your brother and friends but so far nothing was working.

"Luke, I really want to, don't get me wrong here, but I'm sick." You groaned clutching your stomach.

"You were fine five minutes ago when you were asking to go to your friends house?" He chuckled clearly not buying it.

"It's too hot out, I'll melt." You said melodramatically throwing a hand on your forehead.

"You're not the wicked witch, and I checked the weather, it's going get to be a little over 20 (lol not 35) degrees." He raised his eyebrows and started to steer you out towards the car.

"THEN ITS TO COLD WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?" You shrieked most definitely not prepared for such harsh weather.

"Celsius. Degrees Celsius." Luke sighed and you blushed deeply. You didn't know how to respond to such stupidity so you stayed quiet until you were in the car.

"I'm tired I could just take a nap in here while you go in." You yawned, leaning back in the chair.

"Nope. No unattended children, plus the car will still get hot," Luke sighed, "want to tell me what's really going on here?" He asked, backing out of the driveway.

"Not particularly. I mean, nothing. WOOOO go amusement parks!" You cheered trying to cover up for your obvious slip up.

"Mhmmmmmm." Luke looked over at you clearly not buying your lie but not pushing the issue.

The rest of the drive was quiet as Luke sang along to the radio and you fidgeted in your seat dreading the rest of the day.

"We're here." Luke turned the car off and got out, leaving you in there hoping he forgot.

"Nice try Y/N, but if you don't get out right now there will be consequences." He said in his parent voice which scared the life out of you.

"Coming, I was just... TYING MY SHOE!" You stumbled out and ran to catch up with your extremely fast sibling.

"Where are they?" You asked, scanning the entrance for the other three boys.

"There." Luke pointed over to the edge of the parking lot where Ashton was chasing Michael with sunblock and Calum was reading the park map upside down. You walked over, following behind Luke. Your entrance made Michael pause giving Ashton enough time to smear the sunblock all over his face and exposed arm. As you walked by Calum you discreetly turned his map around, not stopping.

"YOU'RE FINALLY HERE? We were beginning to think you had bailed." Ashton chuckled.

"No, Y/N just kept on delaying us by coming up with lame excuses." Luke replied sending you a pointed look.

"You wanted to ditch us? I'm hurt." Michael put a hand over his heart and looked at you sadly.

"Not you guys, just he park." You grumbled following as Calum began to steer the four of you towards the front.

"I wouldn't know why, they have so many massive coasters to ride!" Calum squeaked like a happy schoolgirl running in front of everyone.

"Yea, we should go on the Grizzly first!" Michael pointed at the giant mass of metal clearly visible from the parking lot. That ride was known for its high speed and corkscrews as the riders were jerked all around.