A Sweet Surprise

I walked to the little play ground not far from the school. I sat down on the swing and pulled out my phone, and called Austin.

"Hello?" Austin said. "Austin. I need you to come to the play ground by my school..." I said. "Why? What happened?" Austin asked worriedly. "I'll explain when you get here. Please just hurry," I said fighting back tears.

As soon as I hung up I started balling my eyes out. I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I lifted up my head to see a boy about 8 standing next to me.

"Miss are you okay?" he asked. I wiped the tears away and said, "Yeah, I'm fine." "You don't look fine," he said and before I could stop him he hugged me.

I hugged him back. "Thank you," I whispered. Then Austin walked up to us. "Thanks man, but I can take it from here," Austin said smiling putting his hand on the little boys shoulder. The boy nodded and ran off.

"Babe what happened?" Austin asked sitting next to me. "Can I explain at home?" I asked. He nodded. I went to stand up, but immediately fell to the ground.

Before I knew it Austin picked me up and carried me bridal style to his red ranger.

• • •

The whole time we were driving home I stared out the window, when we finally pulled into my drive way.

"Do you think you can walk to the door babe?" Austin asked. "I don't think so to be honest," I said. "Just wait there I'll carry you in," Austin said as he got out of the car.

Austin walked to my side of the car and opened my door. Then he picked me up bridal style and walked me into my house. He sat me down on the couch.

"Now babe, what happened at school?" he asked. So I explained to him about everything. From running into my ex, getting called a freak, and getting beaten up by Audrey not once, but twice. He got up and paced the room his hands in fists.

"Austin it's okay," I said hoping to calm him. "No it's not okay! You can barely walk cause Audrey beat you so hard! I can't take seeing you getting hurt and called a freak! Cause you aren't a freak, Taylor! I just can't see the girl I love getting hurt!" Austin yelled as he started crying.

He sat next to me on the couch putting his head in his hands as he cried. I wrapped my arms around him. "Austin please stop crying before you make me cry... please?" I pleaded.

He picked up his head and wiped tears away from his eyes. "Anything for you babe. Wait a second... I got it! You can be homeschooled! I was and look how great I turned out!" he said making me laugh.

"Now let's just see if we can make my mom think the same..." I said. "How can she say no?!" Austin said. "I guess you're right," I said.