Thinking

Sarah and I went into my house. "Mom we're home!" I yelled. "Okay dear!" she yelled back.

I walked to the fridge and grabbed a can of Pepsi. "You want one?" I asked. "Sure," Sarah replied. I grabbed her one and gave it to her.

"I still can't believe Alex asked me to be his girlfriend!" Sarah said sitting down. I said nothing sitting down next to her.

"Tay what's wrong?" Sarah asked. "Huh? Oh nothing," I said taking a sip of my pop. "Tay I know your lying," Sarah said.

"I'm just tired," I said. Sarah gave me a look of disbelief. "Tell me the truth," Sarah said. "Okay fine. Austin didn't ask me to be his girlfriend... Does that mean he doesn't like me? I know it was just one date but..." I said.

"But what Taylor?" Sarah asked. I began to cry and I said, "But I'm in love with him..." I felt Sarah's arms pull me into a hug. Sarah just held me as I cried.

"Taylor... Love is a strong word are you sure that's how you feel? And maybe Austin isn't like Alex maybe he wants to really get to know you before asking you that question, or maybe he felt that it wasn't the perfect moment to ask you," Sarah whispered.

I thought for a second then I sat up. I wiped the tears from my eyes. "Maybe you're right Sarah..." I said.

"Come on let's go change into our pjs, take off our make up, put our hair up, and watch some movies," Sarah said.

Sarah and I got up and went to my room. "Taylor and Sarah! Time to wake up!" I heard my mom yell. Sarah and I sat up.

"What time is it?" I asked reaching for my phone. "It's 11:09," Sarah said. "Whoa I have 3 new messages and 2 missed calls!" I said.

"From who?" Sarah asked. "Two messages from Austin and one from Alex. Then I have two missed calls both from Austin," I said.

"What does the text messages say?" Sarah asked. "The first one is from Austin it reads 'hey I just got back at my hotel. I had fun tonight. I hope we see each other real soon.' Then the second one from Austin reads. 'I tried calling you a couple of times. How come you aren't answering me did I do something wrong?' And finally the message from Alex reads 'will you please answer Austin he is driving me nuts.'" I said.

"Wow Austin really wanted to talk to you. You better text him or call him," Sarah said. I called Austin.

"Hello?" I heard a sleepy Austin say. "Hello, Austin, it's me, Taylor," I said. "Taylor!" Austin said, "I thought you were mad at me you never answered your phone last night."

"Sorry Sarah and I watched a movie and fell asleep," I said. "Oh that makes sense..." Austin said. I heard Alex, in the background, say, "Austin i'm trying to sleep here!" "I have to go AC is trying to sleep. I will text you. Bye," Austin said. "Okay Bye," I said.