The Hospital

I woke up laying in a hospital bed. My arms were wrapped up for you couldn't see my cuts. I looked around the room. I spotted Alex and Sarah passed out cuddling on a pull out bed in my room.

Then I spotted Austin. He had his head in his hands. I heard him softly crying. I tried to speak but nothing came out. I heard the door open so I quickly closed my eyes pretending to still be sleeping.

It was my dad. "What are you doing here?" I heard him ask Austin. Austin responded with, "She's my girlfriend. Why wouldn't I be here?"

"Cause she isn't your girlfriend anymore. Now leave!" my father yelled. "No!" Austin yelled back. I heard my father's fist make contact with Austin's face.

A tear escaped my eye. I sat up and yelled, "Leave him alone!"

"Oh look the little slut finally woke up!" my father snapped at me. I saw Alex and Sarah stir. "What's going on?" Alex asked.

"Do not call her that!" Austin yelled. "What I'm just telling the truth!" my father yelled. "No! You tell lies!" Austin yelled back his fists clenched.

My dad walked over to me. I covered my face with my arms not knowing what he was going to do. He grabbed my arm ripping off the bandages revealing my cuts.

"How can you love a girl who cuts? How can you love a girl as ugly as her? All she is a freak!" my father yelled.

"I will love her no matter what. In your eyes she might be ugly and a freak, but in mine she's beautiful! I will love her with or without those cuts! She's perfect to me, and nothing you say or do is gonna change that! I love her!" Austin yelled.

Before we knew it a couple police officers barged into the room. Sarah and Alex had left and got them. They grabbed my father putting him in hand cuffs.

Then they toke him out of the room. I broke down crying. Austin ran to me. He wrapped me into his arms, and for once I felt... wanted.

"I promise I will protect you no matter what," Austin softly said in my ear. I broke a smile.