Ch.55 Closed lotus

The next day after that, Mira and Elena made their way to the lake in the afternoon as they walked down the shore.

"Storybrooke felt like a dream here" Elena said while gripping the sword "Like a good dream. The person I was here wasn't me, well I mean it was the real me, but not the Savior me. But fighting for the ones I love, that's what makes me me, and I'm good with that, even if it means my end. And the other me, well, kinda sucked."

"Hey don't say that-" Mira said "You were just being the old you, and I kinda miss the old you. Back at Ever After High when you were fighting for you destiny, and fighting against me, but all of that changed because of me. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be on the bridge to your death."

"Hey don't blame yourself, blame the Evil Queen, she's the one who controlled you."

"Yeah" Mira sighed "But still, because of her, who knows when your time is about to come."

Elena returned the sigh as Mira then gave a sad look.

"I just wished I could of said goodbye to David" she said sadly.

"So do I" Elena said "But if he saw you, who knows what would of happened."

"When I first saw him, and he was alive, I just wanted to run into his arms and never let go. Our lives is not the same without him."

"Tell me about it, not only was he a great Mayor and a father, but seeing the two of you together just looked awkward cause he's all grown up and you're the same age as me."

"Well, remember I'm still a younger duplicate of your real mother."

"I know but, if dad was still alive, I wished that we could of created a younger duplicate of him so that the two of you can be together again without having to be awkward."

"Yeah" Mira sighed "But you know we can't, he needs to be alive in order for that to happen."

Elena gave a sigh as Mira started to look around.

"Where is he?" she asked herself.

"Where's who?"

"Oh, I sort of made a deal with the Dark One and let him out of his cage for a ticket home."

"Mira!" Elena gasped "What if he's destroying a village right now?"

At that point a giggle was heard as they turned around and saw Gold.

"Well deary" he smirked "On behave of all Dark Ones everywhere, I'm here to make good in my work. And are you sure you want to leave all of this behind princess?"

Elena gave a nod.

"Where's that bean?" Mira asked him as he held out a magic bean.

"As promised" he said as he handed it to her "Just throw it down and think about where you want to go."

"Thank you" she smiled.

"No, thank you deary, for my freedom."

And with that he disappeared.

"You ready Elena?" Mira asked.

"Let's go home" Elena smiled.

So with the bean, Mira tossed it onto the ground as a portal began to open. When it was fully opened, they held hands and jumped down into the portal as it closed up.

________

Later that night inside Lauren's house, the Wonderlandians gathered in the living room with the lotus flower on the coffee table.

"I can't believe Gigi and Whisp are actually gone now" Brenden said with disappointment "And they didn't say goodbye."

"Well they wished they could-" Lauren said "But they had to go find Agrabah."

"That's true" he agreed with a shrugged.

"And besides-" Amanda put in "It's not like we're never gonna see them again, they're genies remember, they can wish themselves back here whenever they want."

"Well I really hope they come back soon" Ilene said "Because I was planning on wishing for a dress to Prom."

"Oh come on Ilene-" Christina groaned "You can't just wish to get everything for free, some wishes come with a price."

"Plus Prom isn't till next month" Lauren added "You got time."

"And aren't you working at a boutique?" Brenden asked.

"I just started working at that boutique, and I don't think I'm allowed to take a dress for free."

"Just ask Danielle" Amanda suggested "The girl owns that boutique and that thrift shop, I'm sure she'll allow it."

"Perhaps" Ilene shrugged.

"By the way-" Lauren put in "I know Prom's not until next month, but are you thinking about going with anyone?"

"Aidan perhaps" Amanda grinned.

"Guys stop" Ilene ordered "Aidan and I decided to stay friends until further notice, he said that he wants to stay single for a while until he figures things out. And even if we don't go to Prom together, I'll just go with you guys, there's nothing for me to worry about."

"Uh, but there is one thing we should be worrying about right now?" Christina's eyes widen as she pointed to the lotus.

The flower was slowly closing up.

"It's closing up" Amanda said with a small gasp.

"Doesn't that mean..?" Lauren said with shock.

"The evil being is here" Cari finished with shock.

_________

On Main Street, the Evil Queen made her way down the empty street as she looked around the town.

"This town is almost tolerable" she smirked just as she saw Scott and Julie coming out from the diner.

They froze when they saw her as she gave them a sneaky smile.

"Call Aidan" Julie whispered with a scared look as Scott pulled out his phone.

But before he could dial, a blast of magic was heard inside the diner as they saw flashes of light and wind brushing against the window shades. Julie and Scott quickly ran away as the queen stood there confused.

"Well that was faster than I thought" she said just as the door to the diner opened as a hooded figure came out and stared at her.

"Who the hell are you?" she asked with confusion.

At that point he held his hand out as she felt a force sending her flying back as she landed on the ground. When she got up, she saw the figure in front of her as he used his powers to transform her. And as he walked away, in the middle of the street, a black cobra that used to be the queen slithered in a cage as it hissed with anger.