Ch.39 Water escape

(Flashback) Now back inside the Nautilus, Nolan watched as Nemo placed the Eye of the Storm into a small chest.

"Thank you very much for you help Nolan" the Captain said "I finally have my family's crystal back."

"Does that mean I can go now?" Nolan asked.

"Indeed, but before you go, how about an offer?"

And with that he reached into his pocket and pulled out a key.

"We have sailed for as long as we have known-" he said "All we do is sail with no place to call home."

"And how's a key gonna change that?" Nolan asked while looking at the key.

"This isn't just any key, this key will open a gateway to a place called the Mysterious Island, it's a place where we can start over and start a fresh life. But there are some things that we need in order to get there, we need a mermaid's blood and tears."

At that point Nolan's eyes widen.

"What?" he said surprised.

"We discovered that when a mermaid's tear is dropped onto an item, it'll go to it's origin. And a mermaid's blood can detect when sea monsters are near. We at least need a tear in order to use it on the key so that it'll show us the way to the island, and I was wondering if you would like to join my crew and help us find the island."

Nolan hesitated as he thought about Meeshell and the mermaids, even though he needed to protect them, he wanted to go home and possibly see Meeshell again.

"I appreciate the offer Captain-" he said "But I think I'll pass."

"Alright-" Nemo said with a small sigh "Well it was good having you Nolan."

"You're really going?" the young guy who saved Nolan suddenly entered.

"Oh uh, yeah I've done my job" Nolan said.

"What a shame, it was nice having you with us."

"Well I'm glad I could help."

"Hey uh, you've been with us for many months and we never actually got to know each other, I'm Ansel."

"Nice to meet you Ansel" Nolan smiled as they shook hands "And thanks again for saving my life from the Kraken."

"Don't mention it" Ansel smiled "And since you're leaving, I should probably go tell the whole crew so we can get you home."

And with that he headed off.

"He seems pretty young to be in your crew" Nolan said to Nemo.

"He is" Nemo agreed "He's the youngest one. He joined my crew when his father was murdered, poor lad, he was just a young boy, but now he's like a son to me."

"Well that's nice" Nolan smiled.

"And one last thing we before we take you home, do you know a proper way to catch a mermaid?"

Nolan did his best to remain calm.

"I'm afraid I don't know" he replied "But when threatened, mermaid's can be vicious like sirens."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"And uh, you're not gonna kill any mermaids are you?"

"Well that depends whether we have to or not."

"Well if you can please don't, because you are beautiful creatures."

"They are aren't they?" the Captain agreed.

With her heart now pounding with fear, Meeshell began to worry about if the crew will find out about her being a mermaid.

"You don't think they'll kill me right?" she asked with a worried look.

"I hope not" Nolan said "Although before I went home, I told the Captain not to kill any mermaid, and I don't know if he kept that promise or not."

"Well he better, because if they try to take my blood, they're in for a world of pain."

"You know they don't want mermaid's blood and tears for evil, they mainly want the tears because they wanna use it to go to this place called the Mysterious Island where they can start a new life."

"But still, that doesn't make anyone sense on why they had to take us."

"Yeah I don't understand that either."

"So you got any ideas?"

"I'm afraid not-" he sighed "We're stuck in here and I can't even pick the lock."

At that point an idea popped into Meeshell's head.

"You can't-" she said "But maybe I can."

And with that she reached down her shirt and pulled out a mini abalone shell that was hanging from a necklace chain.

"Looks like they forgot the first rule of kidnapping-" she smirked "They didn't search the girl."

After managing to pick the lock with the shell, Meeshell followed Nolan into an empty room that had a round glass door in the floor that led to the bottom and into the water.

"We're going through there?" she asked.

"It's the only way out" he said "Hurry, we don't have much time before the Captain realizes we've escaped."

Meeshell looked down through the door and could see the water beneath it.

"I really hope I'll be able to change in these clothes" she said as she looked at her clothes "I usually change into my tail when I'm naked."

"I'm sure it'll work. Now go."

"What about you?"

At that point he gave a sigh.

"I'm not going" he confessed.

"What?" she gasped.

"I need to face the Captain alone and make sure he wont hurt you."

"Uh, I'm not going anywhere without you" she declared.

"It's okay, I can handle this. I'll try to catch up but if not, just keep going."

Meeshell gave a sad look as he saw the promise in his eyes.

"I'll try to bring help" she promised.

"Please don't, this crew can be violent, and I don't want any lives in danger."

"But-".

"Just go."

Meeshell gave a sad sigh as he opened the door as she jumped into the water as she felt her legs turn into her tail as she swam off.

"I was hoping you'd stay" a voice said as Nolan turned and saw Ansel with a sneaky smile on his face.

"Ansel?" Nolan said surprised.

"Hello Nolan" Ansel smirked "Did you miss me?"

Nolan then noticed that he had Nemo's harpoon in his hand.

"What are you doing?" Nolan asked with a worried.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Ansel scowled "I'm going to kill you."

"What?" Nolan said with shock "Why? I didn't do anything to you."

"Oh you didn't do anything, expect that I recently found out that your father was the one who killed my father."

At that point Nolan's eyes widen.

"And now-" Ansel scowled "I can get my revenge."