Ch.5 Destiny

Outside the diner, Mira sat on a bench as she looked up at the stars. A lot has been on her mind, from loosing David, to worrying about her daughter, and destroying her evil self. She can hear the sounds on the people from the Land of Untold Stories being cared for by the people of Storybrooke, she wanted to help but, she felt that she needed to be alone. Just then her thoughts came to a stop when Olivia came up to her.

"Hey" she said.

"Hey" Mira said back.

"What are you doing our here? It's freezing."

"Oh just, thinking."

At that point Olivia sat next to her.

"A lots been on your mind huh?" she said.

"You have no idea" Mira sighed.

"Well, you're right, I don't know what it's like to having to destroy a part of you that you don't like. And even though you're still technically the Evil Queen, I know it's not in your heart."

"But that's the thing though, my life just stopped. The only story I heard was the one- I kept telling myself that, I was the Evil Queen, until finally I forgot the most important thing, my life was never just one story, it was many stories. To some a villain, I hurt people, in ways I can never make up for. To others I'm, a hero, they see my strength, my ability to do hard things even when I thought I couldn't."

Mira then gave a small sigh as she turned to Olivia.

"I wanna start a new story" she confessed "One where the Evil Queen doesn't get a part, and I choose to believe that this story, will have a better ending than my last."

A smile spread across Olivia's face as she held onto Mira's hand, and with that they got up as they went inside the diner.

________

Still in the woods, Elena couldn't believe what she just heard from the girl.

"You keep saying I'm seeing the future" she said "But it feels like a memory, how do you know any of this?"

"You can say I'm an oracle" the girl said "You can trust me."

"Do you have a name?"

"Of course, it's Destiny."

"Destiny?" Elena said a bit surprised.

"You know the saying 'Follow your destiny'? Well that's me."

"What do you mean you're Destiny?"

"I know everyone's true destinies, I've been around since your mother was at Ever After. And every fairy tale character has followed their destiny, whether they liked it or not. But, they didn't have to do that, Bella and Brutta for example, the first rebels who didn't disappear when they refused to follow their story. And you too, you were the first rebel to stand up for herself after many years."

"So you know everyone's true destinies?"

"It's where I got my name from."

"Got your name from?"

"I wasn't always an oracle, I was once a person at Ever After, but when my life ended, I became who I am now."

"Wait" Elena's eyes widen "You're dead?"

"Yes, but I'm immortal now. And I'm not a ghost, people can see me when I want to be seen, I travel across realms to watch other people's stories, whether they have a bad destiny or not. And like the Author, the Illustrator, and the Narrator, I'm just as powerful as them."

"Well then if you know everyone's true destinies, then that must mean you really do know mine."

"I do. And those visions you saw, what those were were tiny pieces of future time."

"Yeah but I need to see more" Elena begged with a worried look.

"Knowing the future is a heavy burden, the future is always in motion, always changing, but also inevitable."

"The visions are coming whenever I want them to or not" Elena put in with confidence "Let's get this done."

Knowing that she meant it, Destiny held out her hand as a wooden staff with a blue orb on top appeared in her hand.

"Look" she said as Elena turned to the orb as it began to glow.

At that point she began to see her vision, it showed her in the middle of main street surrounded by fog as she was fighting a hooded figure with her sword as the figure kicked her to the ground. But she managed to get back up and she continued to fight the figure when she then noticed her friends coming towards them, she saw Olivia, Terrence, Aidan, and Brooke, and they all had scared looks on their faces.

And as she was fighting, the figure suddenly knocked the sword out of her hand as it fell to the ground and disappeared. Now weaponless, Elena turned to her friends and back to the figure while breathing heavily.

"I'm not gonna let you hurt them" she declared as she then looked at her hand that was now shaking.

But as she was doing so, the figure suddenly caught her off guard as it pierced it's sword into her stomach.

At that point the vision stopped as Elena gave a gasp as she stepped back from the staff.

"What you saw-" Destiny said "was a small piece of the end of your story Savior."

"There has to be another way" Elena said with a small gasp.

"You can change the path to the destination, but the destination is the same. On the day you saw, and the battle you saw, you will die."

Elena was now even more shocked than before when she suddenly heard a flap as she turned to the dove that was still on the branch. But when she turned back around, Destiny was gone. Now alone, Elena had no idea what to do now, knowing her future, she was now scared for her life.