Ch.16 Jekyll son

Later that day, Jillian made her way back to the garden center where she went in and saw that everyone was helping Julie out with the gardening.

"How's it going Julie?" she asked.

"Great actually" Julie smiled "Everyone seems to be doing well."

"Where's Jenna?"

"I'm here" Jenna suddenly appeared "I was taking my break."

"Well I just came by to see how everything's doing" Jillian said "And according to Julie, everything seems to be going well."

"Great" Jenna smiled "Well I should get back to work."

"Alright then, I'll see you girls later."

"Bye" they waved as Jillian headed off.

"Hey Julie" Jenna said "Can you bring in some more watering cans?"

"Sure" Julie said as she headed off.

But at that point Jenna made her way to the path where she planted the Middlemist seeds. There she reached into her purse and pulled out a small vessel of water with a label reading 'Lake Nostos' as she pulled the cork top off and and poured the water over the planted seeds.

"Hope this works" she whispered.

_________

Sitting on the steps in front of her house, Brooke along with Danny and Delilah sat down as she told them about what happened earlier.

"Olivia called" she said with a worried look "She told me the Evil Queen let Wendell out."

"What?" they gasped.

"Yeah, now we have an even bigger problem. Not only do we have to deal with Mira's evil self now, but now Wendell again, and he might even have his ability to kill again."

"Oh damn" Delilah's eyes widen "I need to get my taser, because if I run into him, I'm not running away, I'm gonna beat his ass."

"I don't think that's such a good idea" Danny put in "Wendell has magic too you know, it may not be as powerful as the Evil Queen, but it is dark magic."

"Then what do you suppose we do then? We can't just sit around and do nothing."

"Well I wanna know why the Evil Queen let him out" Brooke said "I get that he has dark magic, but the Evil Queen has all the dark magic already, what does she want with him?"

"I don't know" Danny said "But if we don' find him, who knows what he could do."

"You think he could be after us?" Delilah asked with a worried look.

"What?"

"I mean, we are the main reason he's locked up, you think the Evil Queen let him to get revenge on us?"

"Oh my God" Brooke said with shock when a thought suddenly came her as she looked around the woods "I think we should get inside."

So they all got up and quickly went inside the house as Brooke closed and locked the door.

"You don't know when he could be watching us" she said with a worried look.

"I think Delilah's right" Danny said "Wendell could be after us, and I think mostly you Brooke."

"Yeah that's what I thought" she sighed.

"So what do we do?" Delilah asked.

"Well Brooke, do you still have the quill?"

"Of course" she said as he went to her purse and pulled out the case that held the enchanted quill "I carry it with me wherever I go."

"Well that seems to be only weapon you have, but only use it for emergencies."

"I will" she promised as she opened the case and looked at her quill, the only weapon she had to protect herself from Wendell.

__________

Now at Monster High, Rachel made her way down the empty halls as she examined her old school. Nothing has changed since she remembered it, it was still the same Monster High she remembered. She soon came upon a science lab where she opened the door and peeked in, there she saw a teenage guy in a sweater with thick black glasses working on something with the lab equipment.

"Jackson Jekyll" she smiled as he turned around to see her "It's been a while."

Jackson Jekyll, Dr. Jekyll's son started at her with surprise in his eyes.

"Cupid?" he said surprised "What are you doing here? I thought you transferred to that fairytale school."

"I did, but I'm actually here looking for you."

"Me?"

"Since everyone else is enjoying their Spring Break, I knew I'd find you here."

"Well what do you need me for?"

At that point she gave a sigh.

"It's your father" she said "And Mr. Hyde."

"Hyde?" his eyes widen as he suddenly gave a frown "What did he do this time?"

"Well to make a long story short, he tried to take over this story that my friends and I are trapped in, but now he's locked up, expect that the Evil Queen is back and your father is trying to find a way to stop her, but he needs his lab equipment and I was wondering if you can help."

"Oh" he said surprised "The Evil Queen? I don't know if I can help stop her."

"Well can you at least help me find his lab equipment so we can take it to him?"

"I- I guess so" he shrugged nervously.

"Great" she smiled.

"But hold on, you said that Mr. Hyde is locked up and my father is trying to find a way to stop the Evil Queen, did he separate himself from Hyde?"

"He did, with a serum he created."

"He actually created the serum?" Jackson gasped "And it worked?"

"You know about the serum?" Rachel said surprised.

"Yeah, my father has been working on it since he got trapped in his own mansion, but I never thought he could actually finish it."

"Well he did, but because of him not only is Hyde his own person now, but so is the Evil Queen."

"What?" he said confused.

"I'll explain on the way to your mansion, and don't worry, it's safe now to go back."

"It is?" he said surprised "How come I didn't get a call?"

"That doesn't matter now, what matters is we need to get your father's equipment to him before it's too late."

"On it. But uh, just a quick question, does my father by any chance still have the serum?"

"Oh no, that's why he needs his lab equipment to recreate the serum. Why do you ask?"

"Well uh..." he said nervously.

"Oh" she said, realizing what he meant "You want to separate yourself from Holt."

"Yeah" he sighed.