Ch.44 A fake excuse

Later that day, Delilah waited in the 'Wonder diner' until Aladdin and Jasmine entered.

"Over here" she called to them as they went over and sat down in front of her.

"You wanted to see us?" Jasmine asked.

"I did" Delilah said "I need your help with something. I just discovered that this wand I need is locked up in Mr. Gold's shop, and since Aladdin is great at thievery, I was wondering if he can steal it from me."

"What?" they said a bit surprised.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I really need this wand for my wizard friend, it's really important. And I can't get it since I don't know how to pick a lock, and I was wondering if you can help me?"

"Are you serious?" Jasmine said surprised "You want us to steal a wand from the Dark One?"

"No, I want him to steal it" she pointed to Aladdin "He's supposedly the best thief in town."

"Best in any town to be exact" he corrected with smirk.

"You can't do this" Jasmine told him "You need to help me find Agrabah, our home. This is a suicide mission, which has nothing to do with you."

"Actually it kinda does. You see, that wand belongs to my friend who happens to be Merlin's Apprentice, and that wand is very powerful, it may even help you get home. But we wont know for sure until we get that wand."

Aladdin then gave a sigh.

"Look" Delilah said to him "I know that you used to be the Savior, and if there's any part of you that's still a hero, then you are going to help us."

___________

Still in the mirror world, Elena and Mira continued to look around for anything that could help them.

"Anything?" Elena asked Mira.

"No" Mira answered as she looked at the mirrors "Not yet. You?"

"Nothing."

"Well keep looking."

"Even if we find someone, we still can't talk to them."

"We just gotta keep trying, someone will figure this out. And when they try to break us out, we have to be at the exact right mirror at the right time."

She then went to a mirror ans touched it as an image of Aidan appeared who was checking himself out in the mirror.

"Why isn't anyone useful looking into a mirror?" she said with frustration.

"The diner" Elena suddenly gasped.

"What about the diner?"

"I heard that Brooke and Danny are having their date at the diner before the movies, she must be there waiting right now."

Inside the diner that evening now dressed up for a casual date, Brooke sat at a table and waited for Danny as she took a sip of her drink. But as she waited, Danny didn't seem to arrive. So since he wasn't here yet, she decided to get up and go to the hall near the restroom as she began to check her makeup in a mirror that hung on the wall, not knowing that Elena and Mira were watching her from the Mirror World.

"She looks so pretty" Elena smiled.

"And she looks nervous" Mira put in.

"So what's next?"

"We try anything."

So they began to pat on the mirror while calling Brooke's name. At that point Brooke began to hear slight poundings from the mirror, she gave a confused look as she looked closer.

"Brooke!" Elena called "Brooke it's us!"

"Brooke" Brooke suddenly heard someone call her name.

"Yes?" she said as she turned around and saw the Evil Queen who was still disguised as Mira's duplicate.

"Hey" the queen said "I thought you might need to talk."

"You've got to be kidding me" Mira growled when she saw her duplicate "She really thinks that's me."

"She has no idea we're even gone" Elena sighed with disappointment.

"Tell me what's wrong?" the queen asked Brooke.

"Uh-" Brooke said calmly "Danny just seems late, and I'm worried that he may not show up."

"Are you serious? Danny would never miss any of your dates."

"Yeah but he's never been this late before."

"I wouldn't worry about it, I'm pretty sure there's a good explanation. He'll be here, I know because he really wants to see you, and he's lucky to have a great girl like you."

Brooke then gave a small smile.

"Thanks Mira" she smiled.

"Now go on" the queen smiled "Your guy will be here soon."

Brooke gave a nod as she started to off.

"And Brooke" the queen said as Brooke stopped "Stop slouching, poster is self respect."

At that point Brooke suddenly realized it. And to avoid suspicion, she gave a fake smile as she headed off. The queen then turned to the mirror and gave a sneaky smile to Elena and Mira just as her image disappeared. And when Brooke walked back to the diner, Danny had just entered.

"Hey Brooke" he said as he went up to her "I am so sorry I was late, I lost my phone and I couldn't find it anywhere, but I finally did and got here as soon as I can."

"Well I'm glad you're finally here" Brooke smiled as she turned around and saw the queen who was watching her with a smile from the back.

"And look we may not have time to have dinner here" Danny put in "So how about we just go to the movies and then get something to eat later?"

"That sounds good, except that doesn't matter anymore."

"What?" he said confused.

"Don't look away, there's something much more important that's happening right now, so whatever I say, just keep your eyes on me and smile, okay?"

Realizing that something was wrong, Danny went along as he gave a smile and a nod.

"Okay" he said.

"The girl behind me-" Brooke said "It's not Mira, it's the queen."

Danny tried to stay calm as he then whispered.

"What happened to Mira?" he asked.

"That's what I'm gonna find out, but she's watching, so can you help me find a reason for us to leave?"

He gave a nod as he got an idea.

"Hey can we go to the movies now?" he asked loud enough "I want to get there early for the good seats?"

Brooke gave a smile as she turned to the queen.

"We're gonna go now" she told her as the queen gave a nod as Brooke turned back to Danny.

"Nice one" she whispered with a smile.

"Thanks" he smiled as they headed out, hoping that the queen didn't suspect a thing.