Ch.19 Separated

Now with the purple, Darling made her way back to the science lab where everyone watched as Dr. Jekyll used the flowers to finish making the serum.

"Here we go" he said as he lifted up the vessel now filled with the serum "It's done."

"Okay great" Mira said "Now how do we find out why my evil self is still alive?"

"I haven't gotten there yet, all I need to do is do some testing on the serum, but I also need a blood sample from your evil self."

"Oh boy" Aidan said with his eyes widen "That's gonna be hard."

"You're telling me-" Mira agreed "How exactly are we gonna go up to her and slash her skin?"

"Well you guys need to find a way in order to see why she's alive and how to destroy her" Jekyll said.

"So what do we do then?" Terrence asked "Go outside and call her name until she appears?"

"No" Elena said "That would be too risky."

"Then what do you suppose we do then?" Olivia asked.

"I don't know, we'll think of something, but right now it's getting late and we need to get ready for school tomorrow."

Just then Mira got a text on her phone as she reached into her purse and pulled out her phone just as a necklace with a locket fell out from her purse.

"Oops" she said as she picked up the necklace and placed it on the table.

"Wait" Jackson's eyes widen as he pointed to the locket "Where did you get that necklace?"

"Oh this?" Mira held up the necklace "It fell out from the Count's coat when I met him in the woods, I was going to return it to him but then, well you guys know what happened."

"The Count?" Jackson said surprised "You mean Edmond?"

"You knew him?" Mira said surprised.

"We both did" Jekyll said "He was a friend of mine, is he here?"

"Oh uh..." Mira said with guilt "He was, but...he's dead now."

"What?" they gasped.

"He was under the Evil Queen's order and he tried to kill Olivia, so uh, I kinda had to kill him to protect her."

They both stood there with shock.

"I'm so sorry" she said with guilt "I didn't have a choice, and it wasn't my fault it was my evil self, she wanted me to kill him so my heart was darken."

At that point they gave sighs.

"We understand" Jekyll said "You did what you had to do."

"But uh, can I see that necklace?" Jackson asked as Mira handed him the necklace.

"Is that Edmond's?" she asked.

"Well technically it was his wife's, I remember his daughter telling me about it."

"Edmond had a daughter?" Elena said surprised.

"Yeah" Mira sighed "In fact, she was the girl who's body I found in the woods when I was with Brooke."

"It's a shame that she's gone" Jackson sighed sadly while looking at the necklace.

"Did you know her well?" Olivia asked.

"I did, in fact, I used to be in love with her."

(Flashback) Now at the Count of Monte Cristo's palace, Dr. Jekyll and his son made their way inside while following a butler.

"So who is this guy again?" Jackson asked.

"The Count of Monte Cristo" Jekyll said "You can call him Edmond, we met last week at the bar, and it's such an honor that he invited us to his palace."

"And did I really have to come?" Jackson said with a bored look.

"Yes, yes you did."

"Henry!" a voice called as they looked up to see Edmond coming towards them "You made it!"

"Edmond!" Jekyll smiled as they shook hands "It's an honor to see you again, and this time at your wonderful palace."

"I'm glad you can make it" Edmond smiled.

"Well I'd like you to meet my son Jackson" Jekyll said as he turned to Jackson.

"Hello Jackson" Edmond smiled at him.

"Hi" Jackson said awkwardly.

"He's a little shy" Jekyll whispered to Edmond.

"Well that's alright" Edmond smiled "But I'd like to introduce the both of you to my daughter Miranda."

He then turned around as they all saw his daughter coming towards them. But as soon as Jackson laid his eyes on her, he was immediately stunned by her beauty.

"Miranda" Edmond said "I'd like you to meet Dr. Henry Jekyll and his son Jackson."

"It's nice to meet you two" she smiled as she then turned to Jackson who felt a bit shy as he gave a small smile.

"Well uh, Henry and I are gonna get something to drink" Edmond suddenly said "Why don't the two of you get to know each other?"

And with that he and Jekyll headed off.

"So-" Miranda started to say "You wanna go somewhere where we can talk?"

"Uh, I guess" Jackson shrugged awkwardly.

"You seem dorky" she smiled "I like that."

At that point he felt himself blush a bit.

"Well come on" she said "Let's go talk."

As he followed her down the hall, he began to think that coming here was a good idea after all.

Later that night, everyone headed out of the school to get ready to go home.

"We'll continue to find a way to get my evil self's blood" Mira announced.

"I hope you do" Jekyll said.

"We'll try to think of something tomorrow" Elena said as they started to head to their cars.

But before Rachel headed off, she noticed that Jackson was looking at the serum that had been put into a syringe needle.

"Jackson?" she called.

But Jackson didn't answer, he was too busy examining the serum.

"Jackson!" she called again, still time catching his attention as everyone suddenly stopped and turned to them "If you're thinking about doing it, don't do it."

"Don't do what?" Jekyll asked.

Jackson gave a nervous look as he looked at the serum in his hand.

"I'm sorry" he said "But I can't stand living like this anymore."

And with that he rolled up his sleeves.

"Jackson what are you doing?" Jekyll demanded "Are you gonna use the serum?"

"You have enough for another dose."

"Is he gonna do what I think he's doing?" Aidan's eyes widen.

"You bet I am" Jackson said "Everyone stand back."

"Jackson wait!" Rachel called.

But it was too late as he inserted the needle into his arm as he injected the serum. At that point he began to feel pain as he felt his other haft trying to break out. He clenched his fists while winching in pain as everyone watched with shock as his other haft started to break out of him. Pretty soon Jackson managed to pull away as he took deep breaths while looking at Holt who was now separated from him.