Ch.46 Smash

With the Dragon who was now an actual dragon in front of them, Elena and Mira stood back as the beast growled at them while the Evil Queen held onto his heart.

"Kill them" she ordered as the dragon gave a roar as it flew up into the sky and blew out a fireball at them as they quickly ran just as the fireball destroyed the broken mirror.

Elena tried to blast it with magic, but she found that her powers weren't working as Mira pulled her behind the structure just as the dragon blew out another fireball and missed them. And inside the vault, Brooke watched with shock as the dragon flew around getting ready to kill them.

"Stop" she ordered the queen "Why are you doing this?"

"Because unlike them Brooke-" the queen said "I'm giving you a chance, you may not have magic, but this does."

And with that she used her powers to create a large hammer in her hand as she handed it to Brooke.

"And you can save them with this" she said as she then placed the heart on top of a concrete stool that was now in front of Brooke "By smashing the Dragon's heart."

"But-" Brooke said with shock "The Dragon's an innocent. You can't make me do this."

"But you'll get closer to understanding who I am" the queen smirked "Your friends need you Brooke."

"If Mira dies-" Brooke scowled "Then so do you. You're connected."

"That's how certain I am, you'll make the right choice."

In the Mirror World, Elena and Mira continued to hide as the dragon kept flying around them.

"The mirror" Elena said as she peeked out and saw that the mirror has been destroyed "That was our one way out. Any ideas?"

"We don't have magic but, the Dragon does" Mira put in "If we can aim his fire at the mirror."

"You think it'll work?"

"It's worth a shot, but one of us should stay here just in case."

"Alright, I'll go."

"No, I'll do it."

"Why are you trying to murder yourself? I'm the one with the destiny to die."

"Elena just listen-".

"No" Elena cut in "I will not let you sacrifice yourself."

At that point the dragon blew out more fire as they ducked.

"So we do this together then" Mira suggested.

"Damn right we do" Elena said "3, 2, 1."

And with that they ran out of their hiding spot and into the dragon's view.

"Hey!" Mira called to it as the dragon flew towards them.

It then blew out fire as they quickly jumped out of the way as Brooke continued to watch in shock.

"Tick tock Brooke" the queen smirked as Brooke clenched the hammer tightly as her blood boiled with anger.

"If you are Mira-" Brooke growled as her eyes began to water as she stared at the mirror "Please don't make me do this."

"Well as my own mother used to say-" the queen said "All you need is a little push."

Elena and Mira continued to stand back as the dragon got in front of them as they then turned to the mirror on the wall and began to pat on it.

"Brooke!" they screamed.

"Do it Brooke" the queen urged as Brooke felt her anger rise as she clenched her teeth together "Do it now!"

"Brooke!" Elena and Mira screamed as the dragon got closer.

At that point Brooke stepped back as she held the hammer above her, but instead of smashing the heart, she gave a yell of anger as she used it to smash the mirror. The queen's eyes widen as they watched as the dragon blew fire towards Elena and Mira, but they ducked as the fire flew above them and into the mirror. In the vault, Brooke and the queen saw that the mirror started to glow bright with energy, and realizing that was about to happened, Brooke quickly grabbed the heart as they ran out of the way as the mirror blasted into the pieces causing Elena and Mira to come out as they fell on the floor.

"Brooke" Elena called as they stood up.

"Guys!" Brooke called in relief as she went up and ran to them and into a hug.

"You" the queen suddenly growled at them "You made her soft."

"You stay away from our friends" Mira growled back.

"Hiding behind your friends again I see" the queen said to Brooke with a frown.

"I'm not hiding" Brooke declared as she stood in front of Elena and Mira "You may not see it but I'm strong, because I learned that family and friends make you stronger than you'll ever be by yourself. And that's something you'll never have, because you'll always be alone."

The queen then gave a sad look.

"I guess you're right" she sighed "You are strong."

All of a sudden a click was heard as they turned and saw Terrence aiming a gun at the queen.

"Unless you like having a bullet in your brain-" he frowned "I suggested you piss off."

The queen then turned to Elena.

"Elena-" she said "I'm still your mother, and I want what's best for you."

And with that she disappeared. After that, Brooke went to the diner where she waited outside as Danny soon appeared.

"Hey" he said "I got your message."

"Thank you for coming" she said "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for missing our date."

"Don't be" he said with a small smile.

"And I know it's kinda late, but that doesn't mean our date has to be over, we still have time to catch the next movie. What do you say?"

His smile got bigger.

"I'm in" he said.

"Uh, excuse me" a voice suddenly said as he turned around and saw Gigi and Whisp.

"Hi" Gigi smile "Are you Daniel? Merlin's apprentice."

"Yes."

"Well in that case, we have something for you."

She then reached into her purse and pulled out his wand.

"My wand" he gasped as she handed it to him "Where did you get it?"

"It was in Mr. Gold's shop, but we had our friend steal it back."

"And I also think this belongs to you too" Whisp added as she used her magic to make the Holy Grail appear in her hand.

"The Holy Grail?" he gasped "You had it this whole time?"

"It was actually in my possession for a while, but I never knew how to get it back to Camelot. But when I heard that you were from Camelot and you were Merlin's apprentice, I figured it belonged to you."

"Well thank you" he said as he took the grail "I really appreciate this."

They both smiled as he then turned to Brooke.

"Shall we?" he smiled.

Brooke returned the smile as she took his hand as they headed off on their date as everyone watched them go.

"She really is a hero" Mira smiled.