Ch.7 The mysterious count

The next day, Mira and Brooke Page, daughter of the Narrators and the know it all of Storybrooke made their way to the 'Wonder diner' with Brooke's storybook tucked under her arm.

"You ready for this?" she asked Mira.

"Yeah" Mira said with a small smile as they stopped in front of the diner "Everyone listened to me before, because I was the Evil Queen, but now I'm going to show them that I'm just as strong without her."

"And this time-" Brooke said as she handed her the storybook "You're gonna be the hero."

Mira gave a smile as she took the book as they went inside the diner to see all of the people from the Land of Untold stories along with everyone else.

"It's about you showed up" Terrence said to her "It's getting really hard to control everyone."

"Don't worry-" she said as she went to the center of the counter "I got this."

And with that she dropped the book onto the counter making a loud noise that caught everyone's attention.

"Uh, hello everyone" she said with a polite smile "I would like to welcome all of you to Storybrooke."

She then showed everyone the storybook.

"Now you fled to the Land of Untold stories because-" she continued with a small sigh "You were afraid that whatever was in this book is going to play out. But now that you're here, I'm sure you're scared at will. But what you don't realize is..."

She gave another sigh.

"I'm just like all of you" she confessed "I'm also getting a fresh start, and I don't know what the future holds but, I do know one thing, we don't have to be afraid of anything, because whatever comes next, we're going to face it, together."

At that point everyone applauded with smiles on their faces.

"Wow" Mira said amused "I didn't expect it to be that good."

After that, everyone started to help the characters when Elena turned to Terrence.

"Hey I gotta get going" she said.

"Where are you off too this time?" he asked.

"Brooke's taking me to see Danny, I'm still feeling a bit stressed and she told me that Danny may have a way to help me."

"Well" he sighed "Alright, but you're gonna miss a lot."

"Don't think of this of me backing out, I'll be back soon."

"I'll be waiting" he smiled as he rubbed her arms.

"Brooke" Elena turned to Brooke "I'm ready to go."

"K hold on" Brooke said as she turned to her friend Delilah who was the Illustrator of the Storybook "Delilah, can you watch my book?"

"Sure" Delilah promised "I'll make sure no strangers will take it."

"You're the best" Brooke smiled as she and Elena headed out the diner while passing by a man who walked into the diner.

Delilah turned to man and judging by his clothes, she knew he was from the Land of Untold stories.

"Who are you?" she asked politely.

"I beg your pardon?" he asked.

"What's your name? I can find your story and maybe we can pick up where you left off."

"You wont find me in there lass, I'm not important enough to have my own tale."

"Don't say that, let me see if I can find it."

And with that she started to flip through the pages of the book, but when she turned around, she was surprised to see that the man was gone. But right next to the book, she spotted an envelope with a red stamp seal with the initials CM on it.

(Years ago) At an empty ball in a palace in Italy, some butlers and maids were setting everything up for the ball when a man walked in.

"Everything set?" he asked them.

"All done sir" a butler said.

"Excellent" he smiled "The guests will be here soon make sure everything is prepared, this is a very special night for my daughter, I want everything to go well."

"It will sir" the butler assured.

"So what are you giving your daughter?" a maid asked.

At that point the man pulled out a small jewelry box and opened it to reveal a necklace with a golden locket on it.

"This was her mother's" he said with a small smile.

"Oh she'll love it" the maid smiled.

"She's turning 16 tonight, I want to make it memorable."

"And it will be."

"Can you see if she's ready?"

The maid gave a nod as she headed off as the man then turned to everyone else.

"You all make take your break" he offered as all the maids and butlers headed, leaving him alone in the ballroom.

But right when he was about to leave, he suddenly heard a voice behind him.

"Well if it isn't Edmond Dantes" a women's voice said as he turned around to see the Evil Queen who had a sneaky smile on her face and was wearing a red and black ball gown.

"Who are you?" he demanded as she gave a small laugh.

"Call me... a fan of your work."

She the headed towards him.

"Now I know about all of your kills that you did in revenge for the murder of your wife, but I can't imagine how long it will take you to find the next victim deserving of your revenge."

"I prepare to spend my entire life avenging my love" he scowled.

"But suppose you don't have to" she smirked as she held up a small scroll as she started to unroll it "The names of every person who wronged you, and your wife. And who knows, maybe your daughter is next."

"You don't strike me as a benevolence, what do you want in return?"

"Just a little help with some-" she fanned out a fan as she put on a sneaky smile "Revenge of my own. So what do you say? Will you still show me the Count of Monte Cristo that you are?"