Ch.28 Shears of Destiny

(Flashback) "So this whole time you knew?" Aladdin asked Jasmine still surprised "And you didn't bother to tell me?"

"Would you of believed me?" Jasmine asked with doubt.

At that point he sighed.

"I don't know" he said "I think I need to be alone for a bit."

"As you wish" Jasmine sighed "You come back when you're ready. But before I go-".

She handed him a golden scarab beetle charm.

"This scarab was given to my family by the people of Agrabah, many generations ago" she explained "A gift, for freeing the kingdom from darkness, it's a hero's scarab, and now it's yours

"This scarab was given to my family by the people of Agrabah, many generations ago" she explained "A gift, for freeing the kingdom from darkness, it's a hero's scarab, and now it's yours."

And with that she placed the charm into his hand as she held onto him.

"Because even if you don't believe in you-" she said with a sad look "I do."

Aladdin didn't know what to say as he looked at the scarab. Jasmine then let go as she headed out, leaving him alone, wondering what to think. But all of a sudden he heard something behind him, he turned around and couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Jafar.

"Hello Aladdin" he said with a sneaky smile as Aladdin remained calm "So how does it feel, to be the Savior?"

"I feels pretty good" Aladdin replied with a small smirk "That means I can defeat you, isn't that part of the job description?"

At that point Jafar gave a chuckle.

"Perhaps so" he said "But what happens then?"

Aladdin gave a small shrug "I live happily ever after?"

"Well, not quite" Jafar said as he headed towards him "Would you like to see what happens when it's the end of your story?"

And with that he held out his hand as a blue crystal orb appeared in his hand.

"This is no ordinary orb" he said "It's a type of oracle, that shows your future."

All of a sudden, Aladdin felt a pain as he began to see a visions, visions of his future. He saw blood, he saw fire, and he saw a skeleton. He could feel the pain as he gasped for air as he felt himself go onto the floor.

"Not pretty is it?" Jafar smirked "But death is the fate of all Saviors."

"Is there any way I can change it?" Aladdin asked as he clenched in pain.

"Well your future is not set in stone, so yes, there is a way to alter your destiny, with these."

He then pulled out a pair of golden shears as Aladdin managed to get himself up.

"Once belonging to the Three Fates" Jafar explained "These shears can severer the ties to your own destiny

"Once belonging to the Three Fates" Jafar explained "These shears can severer the ties to your own destiny. You will live, and you will no longer be the Savior."

"So I wont have any power?" Aladdin asked.

"But you will live, long and happy life."

He then placed the shears in Aladdin's hand.

"You said it yourself Aladdin" he said "You didn't ask to be a Savior, and perhaps when you're free, you can buy yourself a new title, doesn't Prince Aladdin sound more appealing than Dead Savior?"

Aladdin looked at the shears just as Jafar disappeared. Now with the one thing that can separate himself from his fate, he began to wonder if he should use it. But then a thought came to him, if he used the shears, will Jasmine forgive him?

Later that day, Elena made her way to the cemetery where she went into the vault and saw Mira working on a potion.

"You uh, took off kind of quickly" Elena said.

"Well sorry, I'm trying to save your life" Mira responded as she continued making the potion.

"Fair enough" Elena sighed.

Mira then turned to her and saw the sad look on her face.

"How are you?" she asked with a worried look.

"Honestly, anxious to figure this out. What are you making?"

"A different kind of locator spell."

"But I thought everything Aladdin had he stole" Elena said with a confused look.

"So did I, but then I realized, there's one thing Aladdin didn't steal, his magic."

She then picked up the chalice that was filled with the potion that was steaming smoke.

"This potion links like magic" she explained "In this case the magic of two Saviors. All you have to do is drink this, let's go find Aladdin."

___________

In the Storybrooke Park, the Wonderlandians along with Gigi and Whisp made their way down the path while discussing the Savior problem.

"So what are we gonna do about this?" Christina asked.

"I don't think there's anything we can do" Brenden answered "I mean, Elena needs to figure this out, all situations usually have an answer."

"But what if she doesn't find the answer on time?" Ilene put in "Maybe if she dies before she can?"

"Well I don't know what to say to that."

"The main thing is-" Whisp said "If Aladdin really is here and alive, then that goes to show that Elena has a chance to live."

"But if Aladdin is here and alive-" Amanda said "Then why haven't we seen his yet? You think he could be hiding?"

"Why would he hide?" Gigi asked.

"Well I disappear all the time, and it's usually when I want to be alone, so maybe Aladdin wants to be alone."

"But for what reason?"

"I don't know, it's just a thought."

Just then Brenden came to a stop as a scent caught his nose.

"Do you guys smell cherry blossoms?" he asked as everyone stopped and took a sniff of the air.

"I do" Ilene said with a confused look.

At that point they looked up into the sky and saw a swarm of butterflies flying in swirls as they all swirled in front of them as they turned into Cari.

"That's probably because of me" she said with a small smile.

"Cari?!" everyone gasped.

"What are you doing here?" Christina gasped.

"And how did you get here?" Amanda asked.

"Never mind that" Cari said "I was sent here to help."

"Help?" Brenden said "With what?"

"Well first I know about the whole Savior thing, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to warn everyone."

"Warn us?" Ilene said "About what?"

"There is a great evil that will soon come to Storybrooke, one more evil than the Evil Queen."

"What?" they gasped.

"What can be more evil than the Evil Queen?" Amanda asked.

"I'm not sure, but I brought this."

She held out her hand as a lotus flower appeared.

"A lotus?" Christina said.

"Not just any lotus" Cari said "This one can tell us when evil is near, I don't know when this greater evil is coming, but as soon as this lotus closes, that means it's near."

Everyone looked at the lotus, wondering what greater evil will soon come to Storybrooke.