Ch.38 Eye of the Storm

Brooke couldn't believe her eyes after she just witness the spear going through Wendell. Danny even stood there with shock as Wendell looked at the bloody spear that was sticking out from his stomach. His face was full of shock and fear as he felt a trail of blood run down from his mouth and down his chin as he tilted his head back. With his eyes still open and his body now motionless, Brooke and Danny knew he was dead.

Brooke's jaw was still dropped as she turned to Danny who still had a shocked look on his face as she went up to him.

"I killed him" he gasped.

"But you saved me" she put in as she put her hand on his shoulder.

"But still I didn't mean to kill him, and I've never killed anyone before."

"It's okay, I mean he's gone now so we don't have to worry about him anymore."

"That's true" he sighed in agreement.

Just then Coral Witch, daughter of the Sea Witch appeared.

"Hey what's going on- oh my God!" she screamed with she saw Wendell's body "Is that that Wendell guy?!"

"Yeah..." they said with guilty look.

"What the hell happened?" she gasped.

"He was about to kill me-" Brooke explained as she then turned to Danny "But Danny saved me."

"I didn't mean to kill him though-" he added "I didn't notice the spear."

"Well-" Coral said a bit disgusted as she looked at the body "That's harsh."

"Yeah well at least we don't have to worry about him anymore."

"Well good I guess."

"Hey what are you doing here by the way?" Brooke asked.

"Oh I was actually hoping if you can help me, have any of you seen Nolan and Meeshell?"

"No" they both said "Why?"

"Because they haven't been answering any of my calls and texts, and I haven't seen them since this morning."

"Maybe they're at the pool" Danny guessed "Or the music room."

"No I looked in those places, they're not there. In fact, I got a call earlier from one of the workers at the pool saying that Meeshell and Nolan haven't arrived for their shift."

"Well that doesn't sound good" Brooke said with a wondering look.

"You're telling me-" Coral agreed "They're always there for work, and if they're not they usually call."

"Okay-" Danny said "We'll help you look for them, but first I gotta call Delilah and tell her that we have a body to get rid of."

As he started to call Delilah, Brooke turned back to Wendell's body, her enemy was finally gone.

(Flashback) Many months have passed since Nolan was taken into the Nautilus, and even though he desperately wanted to be free, he kept his patience as he continued on with his plan to make sure the crew don't find the mermaids. But one day, the submarine parked near a cave in the water as he along with Nemo and some of the crew got out and into the watery cave.

"Be careful" Nemo warned "These are dangerous waters."

He then started to go up a hill as the crew followed.

"Captain!" one of the crew point ahead as they all looked and saw a glowing blue light.

Nemo hurried ahead as he got closer and saw the Eye of the Storm, resting on a rock. But as he went over to it to examine it, Nolan didn't notice a giant squid tentacle reaching out from the water as it wrapped around one of his ankles. Before he knew it, he was yanked down as he began to get pulled into the water, but he managed to grab onto a rock and he tried to pull himself away while yelling to help.

At that point one of the crew members ran to him and quickly used his spear to stab the tentacle as they heard the sea monster crew in pain before letting go of Nolan's ankle as it sank back into the water.

"What the bloody hell was that?" another of the crew asked.

"The Kraken" Nolan breathed as he was helped up by the member who saved him "Thank you."

"Don't mention it" the member said.

Nolan saw that it was a young guy about his age.

"Let's get out of here" Nemo ordered who now had the Eye of the Storm in his hand "We have the crystal."

And with that they all hurried back to the submarine.

Still inside the Nautilus, Nolan sat down next to Meeshell as she got ready to listen to his story.

"So what's the truth Nolan?" she demanded as he gave a sigh.

"When I was taken into this-" he started "The Captain told me that he needed my help to find an important crystal called the Eye of the Storm."

"Oh I've heard of that."

"Yeah. Anyway, turns out that crystal used to belong in his family, and when they died it was the only thing that made the Captain feel close to his family. But then the crystal was stolen by mermaids."

At that point her eyes widen.

"And he wanted me to help them locate the mermaids and get back the crystal since they knew of my knowledge of them. But I didn't want to put any mermaids in danger, so I manged to send a warning to a mermaid who was swimming around the submarine, I warned her to tell her kind to relocate the crystal somewhere else so that the crew wont find them. But since I wanted the Captain to get his crystal back because I felt bad for him, I told the mermaid to hide the crystal in the Kraken's cave."

"Seriously?" she said surprised.

"Yeah" he nodded "And so she did. And with that I sent the crew on a wild goose chase for many months. I had to admit I didn't like any of it, but I did what I had to do to protect the mermaids."

"Well, I appreciate that. But how is this suppose to scare me? This story doesn't sound scary enough to be kept a secret."

"That's because I haven't gotten to that scariest part" he sighed "During my journey with the crew, I discovered some things that were quite disturbing. Not only were they trying to track down the mermaids to get the crystal back, but turns out they also wanted mermaid's tears and blood."

Meeshell's eyes widen as she felt her heart thump. Mermaids blood and tears. With her being a mermaid, she was now fearing for her life.