*Chapter 26*

Mia's POV

"Have fun with Brendon" Angie called out, followed by a wink, before she backed out of my driveway and drove off.

I repositioned the strap of my school bag on my shoulder and headed to my front door. I went to grab my keys from the very front pocket of my bag, only to find that they weren't there.

Naturally, I started to panic(!).

"Where are they?" I continually muttered to myself whilst frantically searching.

Eventually I gave up and sat on the doorstep. Someone had to come home eventually.

After about 30 minutes of sitting and scrolling mindlessly through my phone (because my iPod was currently out of action), I saw none other than Brendon and Jaron pulling into the driveway.

"What're you doing out here sis?" Jaron asked as he got out of the passenger side of Brendon's car.

"I can't find my keys" I said, standing up and adjusting my clothes.

"Well that's kinda dumb" Brendon chimed in with a (haven't you people...) smug look in his face.

"Did I ask for your input?" I replied sassily, placing a hand on my hip.

Brendon took a step back and silently raised his hands in defence, but his smirk remained.

I rolled my eyes before taking off through the recently opened door. After taking two steps into the house, I spotted my keys on the hallway table, trust.

I sighed at my stupidity and continued to make my way upstairs to my bedroom. I dumped my bag next to my desk and went to the toilet.

Once I had finished my business, I returned to my room and found Brendon lying on my bed.

"Please, make yourself at home." I said sarcastically as I re-entered the room.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Brendon replied, smirking once more.

I swear to God, that smirk should just be permanently plastered on his face he's doing it so much!

"What are you doing here?" I asked once again.

"You know, you say that a lot." Brendon commented, not moving an inch.

"It's because you're so confusing and unpredictable." I said somewhat shyly.

"Unpredictable ay?" Brendon asked, cocking an eyebrow, and raising himself from my bed.

"Y-yes" I stuttered, growing concerned as to what was going to happen next.

"Unpredictable like this?" Brendon asked as he swiftly made his way to me and kissed me on the lips.

I froze. I just stood there, connected to Brendon by my lips. This may be the second time this had happened, but it doesn't make me any more used to it.

I was expecting Brendon to pull away, but it didn't seem to be happening. I found my eyes closing as he gently placed his hand on the back of my head, pulling me into the kiss. I began to reach my hands up to his hair but the sound of something smashing brought me back to reality.

I pulled away from Brendon and made my way to the source of the sound. I descended the stairs and found Jaron bent over, picking up the pieces of a broken plate.

"Everything alright?" I asked, slightly out of breath from recent events.

"Yeah just my clumsy ass dropping a plate. Are you alright?" Jaron asked, slightly concerned.