*Chapter 12*

Brendon's POV

While I was sitting in Maths, I noticed that Mia seemed a bit down. Could it be my interactions with Katrina? Katrina seems like an alright girl and I was going to the party anyway, so what's it if I go with her? I may come across as flirtatious but that's just the type of person I am. I'm a charmer, which works out both well and badly at times. Let's hope it works well this time.

"Mr Urie?" Mr Allen asked from the front of the classroom.

"Yes darling?" I responded with a smirk, earning scattered laughs from the class.

"Do you want to answer this question for me?"

"Oh no, I would hate to deprive you of the opportunity, please go ahead." I gestured towards the whiteboard at the front of the class.

Mr Allen was beginning to look annoyed but I didn't care, at least not really.

"Very nice of you Mr Urie, I should have said 'answer this question for me', unless someone else volunteers?" He glanced around the classroom looking for a volunteer and so did I.

I may be a smart ass but Maths is my worst subject and I didn't want to make a fool of myself. I shifted nervously in my seat whilst trying to maintain a confident and cocky persona. I could feel my forehead start to sweat as the reality of me having to do this question began to set in.

Just as I was about to stand up and accept my fate, Mia turned to face me. I paused and I guess she could see through my façade.

"I'll do it" she called out as she raised her hand.

"Thank-you Miss Moore" Mr Allen said, moving to the side of the classroom and shooting me a glare.

I mouthed my own personal 'Thank-you' as Mia rose from her seat, earning a blush to form on her cheeks. God she's beautiful, and she saved me a load of embarrassment. I really owe her.

Mia's POV

When I turned around and saw how anxious Brendon was, I couldn't help but 'take the bullet' for him, so to speak. Luckily I did know how to answer the question otherwise I don't know if I would have volunteered.

I answered the question (correctly thank god) and returned to my seat. Just as I was about to resume note taking I felt a hand reach beside me and place a small folded piece of paper on my desk.

I tried to open the note discretely, not to draw attention to myself. It simply read 'I owe you'. It didn't take a genius to figure out it was from Brendon. I smiled at the note before shoving it into my pencil case and returning my attention to Mr Allen.

After another half an hour, Maths was over and I began to pack up my stuff. To my surprise, I wasn't the only student left in the classroom. Brendon came and stood in front of my desk, his hands lightly tucked into his hoodie pocket.

"Yes?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I just wanted to say thank-you again. You don't realise how much that meant to me." He said as he looked downwards and fiddled with his fingers. He sounded genuine, which I liked.

"It's no problem" I replied with a smile.

"I feel like I owe you" he said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

The contact, although minimal, gave me butterflies and caused another blush to spread across my cheeks.

"Maybe you can do me a favour one day."

"Anything you want, just let me know." He removed his hand from my shoulder and made his way out of the classroom. I stood in the empty classroom for a second, attempting to regain myself. Even though the interaction was small, I felt all gooey inside. My feelings towards Brendon were seemingly growing and this scared me, as I know he could never like me the way that I like him.