*Chapter 44*

Mia's POV

"Oh!" Brendon said, rising from the bed, "I almost forgot your payment."

"How many times do I have to tell you! I won't take your money!" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I know, that's why I'm not giving you money, well not directly at least."

"What's that mean?"

There was a knock at the door before it opened, revealing Jaron.

"Dinner," he said quickly before walking off, leaving the door open.

"I guess I'll found out later," I said, walking out of the room.

***

After dinner, I headed back to my bedroom while Brendon went with Jaron into his. I took this solace as an opportunity to finish my Maths and complete some other studies before I went to bed.

About half an hour later, my bedroom door quietly opened and closed, and Brendon entered without permission once again.

"One day you're going to catch me at an embarrassing moment!" I exclaimed, somewhat startled by his unexpected arrival.

"What like seeing you dance around like an idiot to Queen?" He replied with his classic smirk.

"Shut-up you," I said chuckling. "Why exactly are you here?"

"Jaron's having a shower so I thought I might as well make use of his absence."

"Since when did you get smart?" I asked jokingly.

"Since you started tutoring me," he replied.

"True," I laughed at his somewhat accurate response, "Although I can't take all the credit, you had to have some brains to begin with!"

"I guess that's right. Anyway, I never got to finish explaining my method of payment."

"Ah yes, I still don't know how you can give me money without actually giving me money,"

Brendon reached into his jeans pocket, pulling out his phone, unlocking it, and showing me the screen.

"The movies?" I asked, confused at how the list of showings for Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 fit in to all of this.

"The movies," he replied with a nod.

"What about them?" I egged him on.

He rolled his eyes before continuing, "I'm offering to take you to a movie, as payment. It could be our, you know, first official date." Brendon finished, his face turning a light shade of red at the end.

"So, my payment for helping you is being forced to spend more time with you?" I asked, smirking at him.

"Hey! You love spending time with me!"

"What gave you that impression?"

"Wow, ok, well I guess I'm going to the movies by myself then!" Brendon said jokingly, heading towards my bedroom door.

"I mean," I said, causing him to turn around, "I'm pretty sure that's not the worst thing I could be doing with my time...."

"Yeah, you could be doing body shots off some random guy..."

"That was one time! And I wasn't exactly sober thank-you very much!!!"

We laughed for a little while before collecting ourselves.

"But seriously, did you want to catch a late showing?" Brendon asked, stepping towards me.

"What, tonight?"