*Chapter 48*

A/N - I tried.

-AJ

Mia's POV

He just chuckled before turning to Angie and asking,

"Would you mind taking Celia home?"

"If she's alright with that then I'm happy to," she said with a smile.

"Why can't you take her home?" I asked.

"Because I'm taking you to my house."

***

My jaw dropped, and butterflies filled my stomach.

"Don't leave your mouth open like that or you'll catch flies," Brendon said with a chuckle, extending his hand and leading me towards Celia, Angie in tow.

"Celia, this is Mia, my girlfriend," he said proudly, wrapping an arm around my waist.

I looked up at him giving him a 'wtf are you doing' look.

He just laughed before Celia replied;

"It's nice to meet you! I honestly had no idea and I didn't mean to step on your toes,"

I hated to admit it but along with her beautiful appearance was a lovely personality.

"No it's totally fine. I'm assuming you're aware that Jaron doesn't know?" I asked.

She nodded; "I won't tell him if that's what you're worried about, it isn't my place anyway."

"Thanks," I replied sweetly.

"Oh, this is Angela by the way. Is it alright if she drops you home?" Brendon asked Celia.

"Hi Angela, nice to meet you! If it's no trouble that would be greatly appreciated!" Celia replied with a kind smile.

"Of course not! I wouldn't leave you stranded here!" Angie replied with a chuckle.

"Well then we best be off, don't want to distract you two from your proper date," Celia said, approaching Angie and giving us a wink.

I blushed as Brendon replied,

"Thank-you so much Celia. It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Good luck with....you know," he said, returning a wink.

This caused her to blush before both her and Angie left the building.

"What's that about?" I asked, turning to look up at Brendon.

He chuckled, "I'll tell you later. Let's get back to mine,"

***

We pulled up outside of a rather large house, which I could only assume to be Brendon's. We got out of the car, and headed towards the front door.

Brendon pulled out his keys, putting one in the door lock and turning it. It made a clicking noise before Brendon tuned the handle and opened the door.

We entered the house and it was simultaneously as I expected and the complete opposite of what I expected.

I looked around the rooms, taking in my surroundings, trying to piece together some of Brendon's family life.

"I don't know about you," Brendon said, catching me out of my gaze, "But seeing as I skipped out on dessert, I could do with some ice cream."

I nodded and followed him into what turned out to be the kitchen.

He grabbed a tub of ice cream from the freezer, and two spoons from the drawer before walking out of the room, signalling for me to follow him.

We went up a set of stairs and walked to the end of a hallway, entering the door that was there.