Chapter 55 --PART 2 CONCLUSION

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:

There will be another chapter after this one. It will kind of guide you into the the second book.

That's all I wanted to say. Please please please VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 55

PART 2~

NICOLE'S POV

"What are you saying? If she didn't, then who did?" Mason asked me.

I shook my head. "No one did. They are alive."

Mason's mouth fell agape slightly, and I could tell that he was holding his breath. His eyes were blinking rapidly, and he kept looking between me and my mom. His weight shifted from one foot to the other as he struggled to form a coherent sentence. He swallowed hard and stared down at Aubrey.

"W-w-what?" He stuttered.

"No!" He shouted, shaking his head. "No, no, no, no, you are lying to me."

"No we aren't." Harry said.

Mason's hand that held the gun began to tremble. "You are lying!" He spat.

"My wife and daughter were killed. They are dead. And they've been dead for ten years!!" His eyes fell on my mother again, fury and rage clear in his eyes. "And it's all because of her."

"Mason-"

"She took my only happiness!" Tears began to stream down his handsome, yet aged face. He was struggling to keep himself together, and my heart broke for him. He is a hurting and broken man who loved his family so much. And it must have killed him inside to see pictures of his family before they were 'killed'.

"Yes she did." I agreed. "But she never killed them. She staged it so you would believe they were dead."

He blinked at me for a minute before he looked down at my mom. She remained quiet he entire time. Her head was bowed, and she refused to look at me, or Mason, or anyone else. Mason raised the gun to her head again.

"Why would you do it?" He growled through gritted teeth.

She didn't speak.

"Answer me!" He yelled.

I mentally prayed that Mason wouldn't pull the trigger like I know he wants to. I also prayed that my mom would tell him. She needs to tell him the truth.

"Mom please." My voice cracked, and her eyes met mine. I felt my throat close up as tears ran down my cheeks. My mom sighed, and shook her head.

"Your family is alive." She said.

"Why did you fake their deaths? Why would you take them away from me?" Mason questioned.

"While your were watching me, I was also keeping tabs on you. I watched your family for a few weeks, studying them and their daily routine. One day your wife was outside planting some flowers in the garden, and I had made the decision to kill her then."

***flashback***

I opened the gate to the backyard, my gun locked and loaded. My movements were silent, as I slowly walked across the fresh, lush grass. The sun was shinning and it was very warm that day. I could smell the trees and flowers around me, the aroma bringing me to a better place mentally. My index finger stroked against the trigger, my anxiety flowing throughout my body.