Chapter 35

Holy crap guise!!!

Over 7k reads on Safe and Sound!!!

That is amazing!! ily so much and thanks you for reading. Remember to vote and comment. I read comments and I love hearing what you have to say.

VOTE && COMMENT

Anywhore, here is the next chapter.

-Lauren xx

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 35

ZAYN'S POV

Sunlight seeped through the curtains, waking me from a peaceful slumber. I smiled as I gazed at the beautiful girl cuddled up into my side. I moved some hair out of the way so I could see her face. She was so peaceful as she slept, her arm draped across my waist. I didn't realize until last night how much I missed her. I missed her of course, I fucking love her, but when I kissed her all the longing came rushing to me.

It kills me that I'm hurting her. The thought of her crying over me makes me sick. Every day I spent away from her made me sick. Nothing was right. I didn't get to wake up to her or hear her voice or steal a kiss from her. But last night made my whole world better. I finally felt alive again, and its a feeling I don't want to let go. But I have to soon.

I wish I could tell her what's been going on, but I can't. I can't hurt her like that. I know if I tell her she'll hate me and think everything was a lie.

My thoughts were cut off at the movement of the angel in my arms. Her caramel colored skin was glowing, making her blue eyes stand out.

"Good morning, beautiful." I kissed her soft lips, her fingers knitting through my hair.

"Good morning." She smiled.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked her.

"Like a baby." She smiled. She is really smiley this morning. She traces my tattoos on my chest with her delicate finger, leaving goosebumps in their wake. I brought her finger to my mouth and placed a small kiss to it.

"I missed this." I said truthfully. Her face dropped as she gazed at me.

"Me too." She said. We weren't sure what to say to each other. We both knew what was going to happen next. I would have to leave, go back into "hiding" from the group, and Nicole would have to act like she never saw me. She would be miserable, and all because of me.

"Why does it have to be like this?" She asked me, despair all over her face. I combed my fingers through her hair.

"It just does, love. And I'm sorry for that." I muttered. Nicole frowned, then sat up, warmth leaving me. She clutched the covers to her chest as she sighed. I whined, and sat up with her.

"No, please, come back." I pleaded, gently pushing her back to the bed. I kissed her lips, her nose, her cheeks, and along her jaw, hoping to get a reaction from her. I kissed and kissed until she stopped frowning. I shifted above her, running my hands up her back. She arched her back into my body and released a moan, making me smile. I love that only I have made her do that.

"I love you." I whispered, as she traces my bottom lip with hers. She grasped the nape of my neck as we shared a heavy, passionate kiss. Once she reciprocated my affection, she jumped out of bed to retrieve her phone.

"Oh shit, it's five in the morning!" She rushed to picked up and put on her clothes, seeing as though they were all over the room. I slipped my jeans on, and stopped her in her frantic state.