Chapter 36

I am so so so sorry about not updating like I said I would. I have been so busy with cheerleading and school and papers that I forgot. So sorry guys :(

But anyway, here is the new chapter. And I promise to update again tonight after my game.

Anywhore, enjoy the chapter. Remember to leave COMMENTS and VOTE!!

-Lauren xx

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 36

AUBREY'S POV

Things have mellowed out the past couple of days. I barely see Jon but he makes sure that he has security watching me like a hawk, day and night. I am a grown ass woman. I don't need no damn babysitters.

Although I haven't seen Jon, I do know that he is losing his mind. Alice hasn't returned in days now. He has tried to contact her, so have others, but no one knows where she is. Hopefully, she came to her senses and decided to her out of this mess while she has a chance. She is too young to be living a life like this.

My thoughts have been drifting back and forth between my hard headed daughter and my sweet, confused husband. I don't even know if I should still call him that. I married him for better or for worse. I love him, he is the father of my child, so why not call him my husband.

Out of all that has happened I wonder what Michael is doing. He can't be fighting, I know that for sure. He is probably confused with Nicole and her behavior. And I know he is at a loss of words with mine. I wish I could see him again. I just need to, to keep my sanity.

There is a knock at the door.

"Mrs. Meriweather, Hobbs will be going out tonight. He would like for you to accompany him." The young man said at the door. He had blond hair and brown eyes. He looked to be about twenty-five, no older.

"Tell Jon I will not accompany him. I don't feel very well. I just want to rest."

He seemed to hesitate, probably wondering how his boss will take my statement. He gave me a soft smile, then exited the room. He seems like a nice man. How the hell did he get in with a man as evil as Jon?

Once the door is closed I hurry over to lock it. Once I'm positive it's locked, I grab my knee-high boots, pull a red knit sweater over my white tank, fix my jeans, and grab my jacket. I went out onto the balcony, scanning the area to make sure no one is watching me. Remembering how my stubborn daughter did it, I swung my leg over the railing, the other following. I easily maneuvered myself along the ledge, and down to the ground. I stayed hidden in the shadows and made my way to the woods.

NICOLE'S POV

I am such an idiot. I never should have went to see Zayn two nights ago. A part of me is still basking in the aftermath of the sex we had. The other is slapping myself to death, wondering what the hell I was doing. Yes, I want Zayn, but I should have pushed him away. The reason I'm saying this is because I can't keep him out if my head. I think about him constantly, to the point where I will start daydreaming while in the middle of a conversation with Kamaria.

I want to feel his touch again, as well as his mouth on mine. But I know I shouldn't do it. He keeps hurting me, and he is practically deserting me.

I need some time alone.

I put on one of Perrie's sweaters, tights, a short skirt, boots, and a beanie. I need a walk outside in the crisp cool air. It's gonna start snowing soon, I can feel it.