Chapter 41

OMFG!!!!!

Over 13k reads on 'Safe and Sound'!!!

That is just crazy. Thank you guys so so much for liking my story and voting. It means so much to me.

Ily guise so much so I will give y'all the next chapter! Please COMMENT AND VOTE!

-Lauren xx

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 41

NICOLE'S POV

It's Zayn. Zayn is currently laying in my bed. He was just lying there, his beautiful brown eyes gazing at me. Seeing him made me want to scream in shock. But before a sound could escape my lips, he moved quickly, his body pressing down on mine and his hand covered my mouth. His actions were unexpected, causing me to squeal. I moved about beneath him but it was no use. I was trapped beneath his body.

"Shhhh", he whispered. "Don't scream."

My heart was racing, one part because he scared the bejesus out of me, and secondly because his body was pressing into mine and my body always seems to react to his presence.

I was fiercely gripping his biceps, as my anger rose in my body. I tried to calm down, but the sight of him was pissing me off. He slowly moved his hand from my mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper/yelled at him. He propped himself up on his forearms, leaving some space between our bodies. He didn't answer me. He just stared down at me, as if he was studying every feature on my face.

"I wanted to see you." He whispered, moving a few strands of hair away from my face. His finger tips ignited a flame in me, and my lips parted. I shook my head and push at him to get off of me.

"Get off." I said, and he removed his body from mine. I sat up in bed, scooting closer to the headboard and farther away from Zayn. He sat in front of me, slightly leaning, trying to read my face.

"Nicole-"

"You need to leave."

Zayn frowned. "You're kicking me out?"

I said nothing. I just stared at him. I'm at a point where I'm sick of this. I'm sick if this whole not knowing where he is, what he's doing, who he's with, though I'm sure he's with Myah. And I am definitely sick of sneaking around to meet him somewhere. It's frustrating and it hurts that he refuses to come back.

I don't know how much longer I can keep it together. I don't know how much I can take before I reach my breaking point.

"You're not even the slightest bit happy to see me?" Zayn questioned, a hint of humor in his tone.

"What did you expect? Did you expect me the jump with joy into your arms and beg you to never let me go?" I said, sarcasm spilling out of my mouth. I glared at him, and noticed his facial expression change. He seemed hurt. I don't care.

"I wasn't expecting you to. But I hoped you'd at least smile."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you serious? Where did you get that idea from?"

I've never spoken to him this way. It seems weird, strange even. He is thinking the same thing, I can tell. We usually don't talk to each other this way. Yes we have argued but we make up almost instantly. That was a long time ago it seems. Things have changed now.

"So you aren't happy to see me?"

I shrugged. "I don't know." I refused to make eye contact because I don't know how I can handle the hurt, confused look I know is on his face.