Chapter 49

Happy New Year!!!

🎉🎊🎈🎋🎁🎊🎉🎋

-Lauren xx

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 49

NICOLE'S POV

Myah left me sprawled out across the floor. The air was dry and I could see dust collecting the the corners of the room. My body feels so numb that I can barely move it. My face still stings from her little art project on my face yesterday.

A tear slipped from my eye as I started to think about everything that has happened to me. Myah has beaten me every chance she got to the point where I see no point in fighting back. I cannot find the will in my to fight anymore.

I heard a commotion downstairs as a few people's voices. I tried to scream out so someone could find me, but my throat was so dry that it felt scratchy and it hurt to speak. I heard a few grunts and objects breaking an I was so confused. What is going on down there?

The noises pretty much stopped after some minutes and the house seemed to be silent again.

I just laid there, determination in me slipping away as well as my consciousness. The door burst open and if eared that Myah was back to take out her anger or whatever on me.

"Nicole!!"

Niall? That guy sounds like Niall. I heard many more voices and feet padding against the floors.

"Oh my god!"

"Shit! Liam we found her!"

Louis? Harry?

"Hey Nicole, can you hear me?" I heard Liam ask. I am so happy right now, an I want to speak but I can't. I can't even move. He grasped my hand in his, the skin warm and rough.

"Squeeze my hand if you can hear me."

I squeezed his hand with all my strength, which wasn't really much. I could see the smile on his face and the relief in his eyes.

"She's alive."

I felt someone stumbling into the room but I could no longer hear. Darkness was sinking in, swallowing me while and I strangely felt at peace.

~*~*~*~*~

I slowly opened my eyes, my throat dry and hurting. I was in a different room this time, one with furniture that didn't look like it was from the 90s like it did up in that attic. The light was dimmed, thank The Lord, and I was engulfed in soft blankets and fluffy pillows. My body felt relaxed. I looked to my left hand and saw that another hand was holding it. The hand was masculine and the bird outline tattooed on it let me know who's hand it was.

Zayn was sat in the chair next to the bed, his head resting on the bed next to me. He was asleep. I thought when I saw him I'd be angry and want to knock the shit out of him. But after what I wet through for over two days and seeing him looking so peaceful, I felt tears brim my eyes and I longed for him to hold me.

I tried to move my hand from his but the moment I moved it an inch, he woke up a looked around the room frantically. When his chocolate eyes fell on mine, his whole face lit up.

"Zayn." I spoke with my scratchy voice. He smiled his beautiful smile at me and immediately joined me on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I wrapped my arms around his waist and inhaled his sweet scent. I missed his scent.

"Oh baby." He mumbled into my hair. I nuzzled my head into his chest, wanting to be closer to him.

"Zayn." I cried.