Chapter 10

Chapter 10

NICOLE'S POV

Memories came to me in flashes.  I remembered my fourth birthday party when I was surrounded by all of my friends, and my parents were taking a hundred pictures of me blowing out the candles and opening gifts.  I remembered my first day of school and how my mom kept giving me kisses and hugs and a full list of emergency contact numbers.  My dad kept telling her to let me go to class, but she wouldn't.  I remembered my first crush in second grade, Malcolm Kennedy.  My mom it was the cutest thing, meanwhile my dad was having a mini heart attack at the thought of me and boys.

My memory flashed to eighth grade graduation and the proud look on my parents' faces when I accepted the diploma.  That same night I had my first kiss at Amy Greene's graduation party by Brandon Jackson.  My family's sudden move from Indiana to Illinois and how my parents never told me why we had to move.  So many different memories came to my mind, but before I could sort through them all, I was snapped back to reality.

"Nicole!  Nicole, can you hear me?"

My vision was blurry and my hearing was going in and out.  My body hurt all over, and I had a huge headache.

"Get her out of here!" I heard someone yell.

Strong arms carefully picked up my limp body and rushed me out the door.  I was able to make out who it was.  Jacob.

"You're fine, Nicole." he said.

Jacob stumbled over the debris as he tried to carry me out of the kitchen and through the living room.  People were running the different rooms yelling frantically.  Next thing I know, I hear gun shots.

"Get down!" someone yelled.

"Go, go!  Jacob, get Nicole out of here now!"  He complied and carried me out the back door.

"Jacob I can walk." I said.  He set me down, grabbed my hand, and we took off.  I led him to the back trail and we took it the Town Square.  I've never been so scared before in my entire life.  The house just got bombed and attacked, and I was caught in the crossfire. 

"Wait Jacob, where's my dad?!" I asked out of breath.

"Alice got him out.  I don't know where they went.  But we are suppose to go to the other safe house.  Come on!"  We walked side by side down the sidewalk trying not to draw attention to ourselves.  two ambulances and a fire truck sped down the road in the direction of the house.  I turned around to see a large dark column of smoke rising in the air.

We continued to walk down the street until Jacob guided me to a back lot to a 1976 GTO.  I ain't gonna lie, that was a nice ass car.  We got inside and drove away.

ZAYN'S POV

After an hour of arguing with our superior, Simon, he finally let us go back to Louisiana.  We told him everything and the fact that Hobbs was going after them again.  He was still mad that we won the argument, so he wouldn't let us on the jet until the after noon.  Anything could happen to her by the time we get on that jet!  So, in the afternoon we got on the jet.  It was going to take about an hour to get there.  The boys, Izzy, and I were trying to get a plan going because we can't just get down there guns blazing.

Not being able to take more of the conversation, I got up and moved to the corner of the jet.  I sat on the cushion seat by the window, and looked out the window.  I thought about Nicole, and prayed to God that she was still safe.  I cursed myself for leaving her when I promised her that I'd protect her.  I'm not making that mistake again.  Izzy came and sat across from by the window.