Chapter 19

PLEASES READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19

NICOLE'S POV

We assumed our battle positions. I can't believe I'm about to do this. I'm really gonna fight Zayn? Wow. I really didn't want to though. I didn't like how he was practically patronizing me. That's the only reason I agreed to fight him. I was just mad, but now I really see the error in my judgement.

Right as Zayn lunged for me, we were interrupted by Liam and Kamaria running into the arena. Thank God.

"Guys, come quick!" Kamaria yelled out of breath. Zayn and I looked at each other, and mentally agreed to go with them. I grabbed my water bottle and ran with Zayn to go with Liam and Kamaria. We ran down a few corridors until we came to Simon's office. When we entered the room, all eyes fell on us. Everyone took in our appearance, mine especially. I mentally face-palmed myself for not telling the others about my training. Oh well, I'll get to that later.

"What's the problem?" Zayn asked.

"I was doing some surveillance. I was taking little peeks at security cameras in D.C. just to be on the safe side when I came across this." Liam explained while pointing to one of the monitors on the wall. It was footage from the local bar just a few blocks away.

"What the hell am I looking for, Liam?" I asked impatiently. He then pointed to a woman sitting at the bar. Her black hair fell down her back, and her brown skin glowed under the fluorescent lighting of the bar. She took a swig of her drink and and proceeded to make conversation with the bartender. What the hell?

"Is t-that my mom?" I asked. I looked right at Liam and he gave me a small nod.

"Your mom is here? In D.C.?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Well if my mom can appear in a cabin in the woods to help me, I guess she can show up at the local bar." I just can not believe what I'm looking at here. Why is she here? How is she here? What is going on?

"Liam how long ago was this video recorded?" Niall asked.

"Guys, this is live."

"This is live? Like it's happening right now as we speak?" Izzy asked, shocked as well.

Next thing I know, I'm flying down the hall to my room. I went through my bag and put out my distressed skinnies, purple tank top, and hoodie, then took off down the hall passed the foyer and out the door. I almost bumped into a few people but I can't even think about that right now. My mom is here, right now. She's just a few blocks away from me. I need to get to her. I need answers. I hear Zayn and Niall calling my name from behind, but I wasn't paying much attention to it. Zayn caught up to me and grabbed my arm to turn me towards him.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I am going to get to my mom. I need answers, like today." I said. I yanked my arm from him but he grabbed it again. I was about to hit him or argue some more until I saw the car keys dangling between his fingers.

"We're coming with you." he said. I looked behind Zayn and Niall to see that Louis and Kamaria were there, and they nodded their heads. I smiled at them all. This is what I need. I need them helping me, backing me up with this. I really needed it from Zayn, too, and I was grateful that he is.

"The others are staying to watch for any movement. They got our backs if we need them." Louis explained.

We all climbed into the car and drove off towards O'Malley's Pub.