Chapter 45

Chapter 45

LEIGH-ANNE'S POV

"Thank you so much for letting us come here." I said. I was stood in the medium sized kitchen, grasping a cup of hot chocolate in my hands.

"Of course." Drew started. "I'm glad you called."

I called Drew and asked for him to help us and Izzy. He was more than willing to help out, supplying us with needles, thread, painkillers, and a first aid kit. Luckily he was still in the area or else who knows what would be happening right now.

Liam and Louis were patching up Izzy, and Harry went outside to get some air. The poor boy was so worked up and panicking that he was shaking. Louis had to give Harry his inhaler to help calm him and keep him from having an asthma attack. I can't imagine how he must feel. Harry loves Izzy so much.

"Will your friend be okay?" Drew asked, moving to stand next to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, she will. She is hurt really bad though." I mumbled. I took another sip of my drink, allowing the warmth to take over me. I placed the mug on the counter and leaned over it, resting on my elbows. I buried my face in my palms, taking slow breaths.

"Come here." Drew said. I looked up at him hesitantly. He gave me a crooked smile and grasped my arms, pulling my body into his. He was so gentle and warm as he wrapped his arms around me. His chin rested on the crown of my head as he strokes my back. It was very comforting and I found myself enjoying the gesture.

Seconds later, I heard someone clear their throat, making me jump and move out of Drew's warmth. Louis stood there staring at us.

"Hey Lou." I smiled, feeling a little uneasy at the way he was staring at Drew. His eyes snapped to me and his handsome face smiled back.

"You alright, Leigh?"

I nodded my head and began to fiddle with my fingers. Louis walked through the doorway and to the refrigerator. The way he gripped the handle and opened the door suggested he was irritated or annoyed. He sighed deeply as he scanned the contents of the fridge. Seeing as though nothing was to his liking, he sighed again.

"Have you got nothing to eat here?" He asked with an attitude. I narrowed my eyes at him, why is he acting like this? Drew shrugged his shoulders and responded, "You get whatever is in there."

Lou ran his hand through his hair and huffed in annoyance. He looked at me, his blue eyes burning bright as the light above cast some shadows over his face. His lips parted and he quickly looked away.

Before I could ask him what was wrong, Harry came waltzing in. His cheeks and nose were red from the cold, and he rubbed his hands together to catch some heat in them. His eyes were red rimmed and his green eyes seemed duller. He's been crying.

"Hey Harry." I smiled as I went to hug him. He hugged me back but remained quiet. He gave me a weak smile before turning away, removing his coat, and walking towards one of the bedrooms.

"Poor Harry." I said.

"He's taking it hard, isn't he?" Drew said, leaning against the sink.

"Well of course he is. Izzy was stabbed and could have died." Louis said. He wasn't facing Drew so I could see the annoyance on his face.

"From what I can see, Izzy is strong. She'll be fine." Drew said back. I've known Drew for a long time, so his response doesn't surprise me. Being in the Ioachra hardens you, gives you a heart of ice. He doesn't mean anything bad by his statement, I know that, but Louis doesn't know him that well.