Chapter 43

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Thought I'd update again.

And THANK YOU THANK YOU for 14.4K reads!! That is just phenomiNiall!!!

Ily so much guys, and I just might update again very very soon.....

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 43

**That night, around midnight**

NICOLE'S POV

I sat on my bed in my room staring at the same four pictures. I've been staring at them for what feels like minutes but has actually been and hour. They're the pictures of Mason's family. His wife was beautiful: shoulder length blonde hair, bright green eyes, and a heavenly smile. She looked about mid-thirties and had a small frame. Their daughter had long, curly blonde hair and brown eyes. She looked so much like the mother. She chubby cheeks and a smile that made you smile. And standing with them was Mason DeLuise. His brown hair was freshly cut, and his brown eyes were warm and vibrant. He had his arms lovingly wrapped around his wife, while she had her arms around their daughter. This was a perfect family photo. So much happiness and love.

I looked to the other three, the ones my mother sent to him. The room was filthy and clearly unsanitary. The wife and daughter were seated on the floor--- covered in scrapes and bruises and blood--- and fear all over their faces. Their mouths were taped shut and their wrists and ankles were bound. Their clothes were dirty and a little torn. I can see the gun being pointed at them, and I can hear their terrified screams and pleadings. They were so frightened.

My heart contracts at the thought of how Mason must have felt. Seeing these pictures of your family, knowing what was going to happen to them and not being able to stop it. I can't imagine his pain. And all of this makes me loathe my mother. I know she has done horrible things, but this, this is too much. Too terrible and too heartless.

But no matter what, Aubrey is still my mother and I love her. And I know that if I don't try to save her I won't forgive myself. And I know my father will be hurt.

I wipe my tears away, took a few breaths, and arose from my bed. I left my room and went to the training arena. The group was down there and they told me to meet them there once I let all the new information sink in.

"Are you ready?" Louis asked me as I strapped in my weapons belt and picked up a backpack.

"Of course." I answered quickly. He placed his hand over mine, making me stop. He looked deep into my eyes.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded my head, not trusting my voice. If I had spoken, my voice would have cracked and I may have started crying.

We swiftly made our way out the back door of the arena and practically ran to the Escalade. We threw the bags in the trunk and piled into the car. Liam drove fast, and we were en route.

"Are you guys ready for this?" Harry asked. We all exchanged looks but nodded our heads confidently.

"Let's fuck shit up." Niall smiled.

ZAYN'S POV

I was sat in my room, lying across my bed with my hand under my head. In my free hand I held I picture of myself and Nicole. I don't have many pictures of my own, just a few, only ones of my family. Izzy took this picture of Nicole and me months ago, way way back to the Pierre family's block party back in Louisiana. It seems like it was years ago that we all went.

Nicole was smiling at the camera, while I had my arms wrapped around and kissing her on her cheek. We look genuinely happy being together. I've been looking at this picture a lot lately, thinking back to that day. The smell of alcohol, the bass of the music, the carefree atmosphere. This was also the night that I made love to Nicole for the first time. She was so nervous, and so was I. I mean, I have had sex before, but it is different with Nicole. I love her. And I didn't want to hurt her and I knew that I would. But it was one of the best nights of my life.