Chapter 22

Hiya people!

Sorry about not updating like I promised on Saturday. I had a really bad writer's block. And what I wrote initially just didn't seem to be good enough. But the craziness is over with!!!

So without further ado....

Enjoy ✌

-Lauren

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22

**that night**

AUBREY'S POV

Leave it to Jonathan Hobbs to royally piss me off. I cannot believe he made me tell my daughter about my past like that. He knows how I feel about it. It's not something I wish to dwell on. I never wanted her to know. That life is behind me, and I wanted it to stay that way. I never wanted her to get involved, but look at her now. I could tell by the glint in her eyes that she is determined. Ugh, she gets that from her father. I smile at the thought of him.

Michael.

I miss him so much. I wonder how he's been the last few years. Okay I hope. I also hope he's moved on, but at the same time that thought sickens me. Nicole reminds me so much if him. Every time I look into her eyes I see him.

Tears brim my eyes as I think of my family. There is a knock at the door, which opens slightly, bringing me out of my thoughts. A woman, a little younger than me, enters the room. She is tall, very skinny, with blonde hair, and pale green eyes. Her ponytail sways as she approaches me. She is holding a dress bag in her hand.

"He wants you ready in thirty minutes. Wear this." She places the bag on the bed beside me.

"Why?" I ask. She avoids eye contact with me and continues.

"Thirty minutes. Don't be late." She quickly turns and exits my room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You look lovely, Aubrey. Please sit." Jonathan motions for me to sit at the nicely decorated table.

A white linen table cloth covers the table and a pale pink candle sits in the middle of the table. Beautiful music fills the air to give off a calm, romantic feeling, but the feeling isn't mutual. I'm dressed in a black Chiffon dress that suits my curvy figure, black Louis Vuitton pumps, and my hair is in big waves over my shoulders and down my back.

Jonathan pulls the chair out for me to sit and I do. He scoots the hair in for me but lingers behind me. His large hands move to rub my shoulders and he places a kiss on my cheek. I flinch. He moved to sit in his own seat. If looks could kill he'd be dead right now. He looked good though, always wears the expensive tailored suits, his brown skin glowing in the candlelight. It's sad to say that underneath this extremely attractive man is the devil, an incubus I should say.

"Why am I here, Jonathan?" I ask. I'm not going to just sit here and go along with whatever the hell he is trying to do.

"Now now, no politics before dinner. It's bad etiquette." he says, as he pours wine in my glass. Two men emerge from the kitchen and out to our table on the expansive balcony. They place our dinner in front of us then leave swiftly.

"Chicken Piccata, your favorite." he speaks. It looks delicious, but I've lost my appetite considering my circumstances.

"I'm not hungry." I say calmly. He glares at me, irritation clear on his face.

"Eat." he orders.

"I'm not hungry."

"Dammit Aubrey, eat!" He slams his hand on the table, making me jump. His brown eyes are cold and disarming. His lips are in a hard line. I take a deep breath and reach for my fork and knife. He takes a breath and quickly relaxes. The food really is good.