Chapter 29

Chapter 29

LOUIS'S POV

I jogged down the long corridors in pursuit of Harry. He charged down the halls, shoving pass people, not stopping for anyone, not even me. I send quick apologies to people left and right as I continue after my best friend. Everything was fine. Harry was fine. He had Izzy, he finally stopped being so angry and moody all the time, and he stopped being a walking time bomb. But one phone call changed all of that.

Harry stormed outside into the cool air. I called after him but he didn't answer.

"Okay, Harry, really mate? Just stop!" I called out. Harry stopped walking but paced left to right, running his hands through his hair. He took big, deep breaths and he paced in front of me.

"You mind telling me why you blew up back there?" I asked, gesturing back towards the hospital. Harry stopped walking and pinned his furious gaze on me.

"No, I don't need you lecturing me right now."

He started walking in the opposite direction to the parking lot.

"Where are you going?" I asked, walking after him. There is no way in hell I'm letting him out of my sight. He needs to calm down.

"Harry?!"

"What Louis?!" Harry turned abruptly towards me. His height advantage always intimidated me when he was angry. I took a small step back.

"I get it, alright. I get that you are upset-"

"I'm not upset, Lou. I'm fucking pissed off!" He yelled at me.

"We'll join the fucking club, Harry. We're all fucking pissed." I yelled right back. Harry pulled back and began running his hands through his hair. I put my hands in my hip and looked out onto the busy street. I watched as the cars drove to and fro, the sequence strangely calming me. I released a deep sigh and rubbed my eyes before returning my attention to Harry.

"Look, all of us are upset. All of us are angry. Zayn is like our brother. He's just always been there. He's our best mate, and the fact that he is gone is confusing and scary. But we aren't going to find him if we are yelling at each other and storming off. It solves nothing." I say. Harry listens and takes in what I've said. He turns away from me, leaning on the car next to us.

"I don't know what to do. I don't know how to deal with this, Louis. Our best friend, our brother, is gone. Just disappeared into thin air." Harry whispered.

I can hear the hurt and fear in his voice. It really is heartbreaking, seeing him like this. I've never seen Harry like this before. He seems so lost, everything suddenly going out of control and none of us know how to put things back to how they were.

"I know. Neither do we. But I won't have you throwing tantrums and running off when times get rough. You're my best friend, Haz, so I'm not going to let you do this." I placed my hand on his shoulder, reassuring him, and he looked at me. His eyes were glistening, threatening to pour down tears. He took a deep breath before he stood up from the car.

"You good?" I asked, checking his face for an answer. He nodded his head yes.

NICOLE'S POV

There is this hole in my chest. I feel like my world is crashing down around me. I feel as if I'm sinking into a deep abyss, darkness swallowing me up. I feel weak and tired and I don't know how much of this I can take.

Harry is mad at me and I don't want him to be. He has become a good friend to me and now I feel as though we are going to be right back to square one: him being a dick to me and ignoring me almost all the time. I feel bad because he blew up at Kamaria and Izzy. They didn't deserve that. Niall hasn't said a word since he got here. He just sits in the chair next to the hospital bed, staring into space. Liam buried his face in his hands. I don't know if he is thinking or crying or both but, it worries me somehow.