Chapter 31

Chapter 31

NICOLE'S POV

Three days have gone by.

I have spent three days without even an idea of where Zayn could be. I spend half the day thinking about him. I pray to God that he is okay and not hurt or.... worse. I can't afford to think this way but I can't help it. I'm worried. I'm scared. I'm confused.

When I awoke this morning I decided to go back to training. I need something to do. I've been avoiding the group the past three days. I don't know what to say or do. I want to help them find Zayn but I don't know if I can handle it right now. What if I discover something I don't need to know? Will I handle it well? Will I break? What happens to Zayn and me after?

I showered and threw on my Nike tank and shorts, grabbed my fighting gloves, and water bottle and waltzed out the door.

I went to the target arena since I couldn't find Leigh-Anne. I caught up a little with Perrie while she taught me how to use an AR-15.

AUBREY'S POV

I lay curled up in a ball under the covers of my bed. I grasped the pillow next to me and snuggled it. Tears slowly slipped down my face and I held the pillow tighter. I cannot believe I am mixed back into this life. I spent so long trying to stay out of it, away from it, but it came back to me.

Not only did it get me, but it got my family. My baby, Nicole, is all mixed into this as well. I never wanted her to know about my old life. I had always feared that she would be ashamed of me or worse--- afraid of me. Same with Michael. I wanted her to have a good life with her loving parents.

Oh, Michael.

My beautiful, loving Michael. The man I fell so much in love with. Hell, I still love him. I never stopped. He was so caring and strong and loving. He was everything I'm not. I fell for those pearl blue eyes, that cute boyish smile, his strong heart. I love him so much that it scares me, and I regret the day that I left him. I didn't want to. I thought I was making the right decision. Hobbs was coming after me and I didn't want him getting to my family. I thought I was strong enough to do it. My mind traveled back to the day I told Michael I was leaving him and Nicole. I couldn't look at him when I told him; he always knew when I was lying or hiding something. The very sound of his voice brought tears to my eyes. The hurt, broken look on Micael's face almost made me say "screw it, I'm not going anywhere." But I made my mistakes, I have my demons, and I needed to deal with them.

Looking back on it now, I feel so stupid. I never should have left. I don't know. It was such a complicated time.

In came Alice, that crazy red headed bitch. I have barely said five words to the heifer and I can already tell she's an evil little witch with a cold, cold heart. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing all black. Her face was still really bruised and I could see her cuts were scabbing. I don't know what happened to her but she got a good beating.

She carried a tray if food and set it on the vanity with a bang. She glared at me then walked right out the room.

Whatever.

Hobbs has been driving himself crazy, what with both Nicole and Michael being gone. I haven't seen him for a few days and I don't think I will for a while. Hey, that's alright with me.

LOUIS'S POV

I got off the elevator and walked right into the foyer. I approached the reception desk, cutting in front of the guy talking to the desk lady, Trisha.

"Hey man!" he said. I completely ignored him and kept my attention on Trisha.

"Trisha, do you have any idea where Leigh-Anne is? It's urgent." I pleaded. The guy I cut shook my shoulder, causing me to turn around. It is too early to be getting into it with someone.