(My Brothers Bestfriend) Looks Can Be Deceiving 38

Start from the beginning

"Asthma pump," I choke out and manage to point at my side draws.

He hurries over to my bedside table and rummages through the draw until he manages to find my old pump. I watch with harsh breathing as he heads back towards me and quickly takes the lid off of it before shoving it in my mouth. As he pushes down to release the air I take a deep breath and instantly feel better. He does it once more.

"Is that better?" He asks nervously. "Do you need one more?"

"No," I splutter as I spit out the pump. "Thank you,"

"What the fuck was that?" He scoffs, shaking his head. "What happened?"

"I think I need to go outside and grab some air," I suggest.

"I'll go with you," He nods as he retrieves my car keys from my floor.

How did they end up there?

Liam manages to lead me downstairs and we leave through the front door completely undetected by anybody.

"I'll drive," He mutters as he heads towards my car. He opens the passenger side door for me and I get in silently.

I've never been a passenger in my car. It's an even prettier dash when you're observing it from this side.

"How about Starbucks?" He asks softly as he pulls out of the driveway. "Or maybe the drive through at Celine's? They do an awesome iced coffee,"

I nod once, suddenly craving any kind of liquid. My mouth is so dry.

We sit in a comfortable silence as he pulls into the drive through at the coffee shop. He orders an iced coffee and an iced chocolate. Once he receives them, he passes them both to me and I hold them while he heads towards the park across the road. Once he's parked the car, he turns it off and takes his seatbelt off before turning in his seat to face me.

"Talk to me, Alicia," He coaxes gently.

I stare at him, unsure of how I can possibly tell him why I had such a bad panic attack.

If I tell Liam that Jason and I hooked up, he will just be another person disgusted with me. And I honestly can't stand having people look at me with such distaste.

"Alicia I'm not going to judge you or be nasty or vindictive," Liam says slowly once he realises my hesitation. "Maybe..." He trails off and shrugs slightly. "Maybe I'll actually be of some help to you,"

"I think there's only two people in the world who could possibly help me," I admit in a whisper as I glance down at our drinks. I take the iced chocolate and pass it to him. "It's a fucked up situation,"

"Try me," He snorts. "You never know unless you try," I watch him shrug again as he takes a sip of his drink. "And I know that you probably think you can't trust me, but if it's worth anything at all, I promise you can,"

I stare at him for a few long moments and he stares back at me earnestly. I do think I can trust him. To an extent.

"I have complicated feelings for Jason," I admit slowly, carefully watching his face. His expression barely changes, except his right eyebrow lifts slightly in question.

"Okay," He says slowly when I don't say anything more. "Can you try to define 'complicated' for me?"

I blink at him and my palms begin to sweat from nerves. How do I tell him without having him think I'm a completely sick and twisted human being?

"I..." I trail off, really struggling to express myself. A derisive laugh escapes my lips as tears fill my eyes. "I like him more,"

"'More'?" He asks, making talking marks with his fingers. "Please don't speak in code, I'm pretty dim witted sometimes,"