Prologue: It All Started at Annie's Wedding

Becca's POV

I looked in the mirror nervously, well this was the big day. Annie was getting married, and I would stand by her side as her Maid of Honor.The colors she'd picked were a vibrant, orange and yellow. We had done a years worth of planning, in three short months.

It was spring in Georgia and all the beautiful flowers were blooming, sending a wonderful perfume oder in the air. My dress was a bright orange, which looked great against my already tanned skin. I'd opted for an updo for my hair, letting just a few curly tendrils fall loosely down my back.

I looked over at my best friend, she was slipping her shoes on. She made a gorgeous bride, Alex was going to pass out or cry or something when he saw her. There was a knock on the door, startling us both from our thoughts. I flashed her a wide knowing smile, " I'll get that." She smiled back and nodded her head.

I made my way to the door, staring in wonder when I opened it" Luke!" I said, surprised to see him, instead of Annie's father. He looked handsome in his all white tux, it was a great contrast with his dark hair. I closed my mouth, afraid he would see me dooling.He disregarded me however, and shoveled his way through the door rudely.

" Well I can see some things never change." I mumbled under my breath, closing the door. He stopped, and my heart did along with him. I just knew he'd heard what I'd said. Not that I cared but today was about his sister, not a place for our usual banter.

I held my breath, waiting for him to say something that would tick me off. He just shrugged his shoulders slightly, and made a popping motion with his neck. Ignoring that I had said anything at all, and took a seat next to his younger sister.

" Annie, you look simply stunning. Alex is going to flip his top when he sees you walking down that ilse." He said, taking in her appearance. Annie's hair had grown out to a little past her shoulders, she had chosen to wear her it down, spiral curled. Her dress was a very puffy, tube top type, thanks to me. Annie would have never picked something so ' Out there', she was quite simple and plain. Good thing she had me for a best friend, I thought smiling.

" Well I had help from Becca, she picked out my dress, and pretty much planned everything." Annie said, smiling down at her beautiful gown. For the first real time since stepping foot in the room, Luke's warm, crystal blue eyes turned to look at me.

Only they held non of the warmth, that he'd had for his sister. No they were as cold, as the man staring at me." I didn't really figure this puffy dress was much your style." He said smugly, before turning his gaze back at Annie. " But you really do look lovely in it." He finished sweetly.

Ugh the nerve of him, I thought to myself. I could feel my blood pressure rise, he had a way of doing that to me. It was crazy! Almost everyone, besides Luke got along with me. It was as if when me and Annie had become best friends, he'd decided to become my sworn enemy.

I cleared my throat, " It may not be her style, but like you said she looks lovely in it. The dress fits her small body like a glove, and just think tonight Alex will get to take it off of her!" I squealed, " Maybe with his teeth." I added, returning his smug smile with one of my own. I knew making 'Sexual' references about his sister got under his skin, but I couldn't resist. Annie's face flushed a bright shade of pink, and Luke looked up at me furiously.

" Could you please give us a minute alone, and mind your own business?" He asked coldly. I shot him with my death glare, before looking back to Annie.

" I'll be outside the door when you are done..." I looked Luke up and down, and finished by saying. "Conversing with the likes of him." Annie busted out laughing, shaking her head.