83. You're Stalked - Calum

Start from the beginning

You were sitting out on the porch swing with your sister, gently rocking back and forth as it poured outside. The two of you both loved to see the rain, it was calming to listen to and mesmerizing to watch. So much so, that your sister had stretched out and was beginning to fall asleep. Your lap acted as her pillow and you played with her hair as she closed your eyes.

"Hmmmmm, it's such a nice day isn't it?" She hummed happily.

"Yeah, lazy days are the best days," you agreed, taking a portion of her hair, you began to make a loose braid.

"Lazy days are the best when you can really appreciate them, ya know?" She grinned, "like when you work nonstop for months and then boom! Day off. It's just so much more satisfying."

"Yeah, like Calum when he comes home from tour and then sleeps for a week?" You giggled. Thinking of your brother who was probably sleeping at that very moment.

"Yeah, just like that," Mali agreed and yawned.

The conversation fell into a natural lull while the two of you just enjoyed the silence.

Until it was interrupted. You heard a car coming, and you wondered who in their right mind would be driving in this kind of weather.

On the other side of the street, the haze of the rain gradually gave away to a black SUV. You couldn't see who was driving it thanks to the rain, but you were alarmed when they slowed just as they drove by your house. The wheels began to only inch forward and the car came uncomfortably close to the edge of the curb. You sucked in a breath and held it. The ever familiar feeling made you flus and tremble. Someone was looking at you, presumably the driver of the car.

"Are you okay? I can't feel you breathing," Mali opened an eye, just to look up at your face.

"Uhm," you blinked once, twice, three times, and the car sped away. The tires squealed and the engine roared, the black SUV was gone.

You began to breathe normally again, but your eyes didn't leave the spot where the car had been. Where the person had been watching you.

"What was their problem? They're going to slide into a tree or something if they don't start driving like a sane human being," Mali scoffed at the haste in which the car had left.

"Yeah... that was weird, they slowed way down as soon as they got to our house," you informed her, trying to ignore the slight shake in your hands as you made another braid.

"Must have gotten lost or something," she shrugged, closing her eyes again.

"I uh, it felt like- like someone was watching me," you admitted, moving on to the next piece of hair.

"Yeah? Sometimes that happens to me too," you froze as Mali spoke, "it doesn't mean anything though, just forget about it and you'll be happier."

"Yeah, I guess," you mumbled.

She patted your knee affectionately, "don't worry Y/N, you're safe here."

Or at least, that was the hope.

...

All four boys were pulling an all nighter at Calum's house, and for once you were more than okay with it. Usually it was rather irritating because the house always smelled and they were noisy all night, but it had happened again on your walk home and you were still on edge.

You didn't see any people, and the black SUV made no appearance, but it still all felt off. The entire time, from the point that you had left the school building, all of the way until you had arrived home was punctuated with the distinct feeling of someone's eyes on you. And it wound you up pretty tight.