Chapter 46

Dawn

"So, you're just going to sit in front of me with them shades on so I can't even see your eyes beautiful," Jason asked me.

I nodded my head, not wanting him to see my eyes. They were red from crying, red from the hangover I had from last night and red from the lack of sleep I had been getting due to me crying about what happened between the two of us.

Jason sighed and sat back in his seat, just starring at me. "I miss seeing them eyes."

"I know you do," I replied after ordering something to drink from the waiter in front of us.

Jason and I were siting outside of this old coffee shop a few blocks away from his house, so we could talk. I just woke up this morning with a text saying to meet him here this morning so I don't know what to expect. Hopefully it's an apology for what he's put me through.

"Then take them shades off so I could see them big, beautiful, brown eyes." I shook my head, no, and pushed my hair behind my ear that had been flying in my face from the wind blowing so wildly. Jason leaned over the table and snatched the glasses off of my eyes and stuffed them into his pocket. "You been crying Dawn?" He reached g for my hand but I pulled it back.

I sighed and nodded my hair. I didn't want him knowing that I had been crying over him but I knew I couldn't deny it. My puffy face was another giveaway that I was trying to cover it up, but I was doing a bad job at it. "Don't cry no more D. You know I'm sorry, right," he asked.

"You've been saying you're sorry but you aren't changing."

"How do you know I'm not when you've been ignoring my calls and texts?"

"Because I know you J," I replied.

"You ain't gon' change and I know you aren't."

"I have changed. Look, remember when I told you about that bitch I got pregnant while you were away?"

"Of course," I replied. How could I forget about the bitch he got pregnant when I was away? She was the main reason why I called it off with him.

"Well I got a paternity test and found out the baby wasn't mine," he smiled, "I was so relived. Now we can get back together since things are back to normal."

I shook my head. "No, we can't. Just because the baby wasn't yours doesn't mean shit. You still fucked up big time and you ruined this relationship Jason. You still slept with some dumb ass broad while I was away at a funeral with my family. You fucked me over when I needed you the most Jason."

"I know and I'm sorry."

I slammed my fists down on the table. "Stop fucking saying you're sorry when you won't prove to me that you're sorry," I yelled, causing stares from the people from around us but I knew he wouldn't care.

"You won't let me prove to you that I'm sorry!"

"Well, I'm waiting now. Do something before I get up and walk away from you for good."

"What do you want me to do ma," he asked. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I grabbed my things and started walking away from him but he grabbed my arm, pulling me back. "Look, I'm sorry, I really am. Just please tell me what you want me to do because I honestly don't know what to do. You know you're the first woman I've ever had a real relationship with and you're definitely the only one that's worth fighting for. Just don't leave me here without you Dawn. I've been so lost without you the past few months. Things just haven't been the same without you around Dawn. I feel like less of a man every time I look to my side but don't see you there because of something I fucked up. Please, just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it."

I sighed and looked up into his eyes. I knew he was being sincere but I wasn't going to let my guard down with him just yet. "Come by my house tonight around eight and you better bring the pizza and snacks 'cause I'm not paying."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around my body. "Alright, I got you tonight babe."

I nodded my head and walked away from him. Jason had a lot of proving to do before the two of us ever get back together.

k