Chapter 26

Effrin

I sighed and hung up the phone. I hate the fact that Sincere continues to tell me she loves me. I love her too but if the two of us are trying to go our separate ways she can't just keep telling me she loves me. I want to say something to her about it but I know she'll just get upset and then who's going to hold me down, while I'm locked up in here?

I love Sincere to death and I know she loves me the same way, that's why she's sticking by my side, but she's continuing to harp on a relationship that's over, that's been over for a while now.

"Which one of your bitches were you buttering up tonight?" The security guard asked as he led me back to my cell.

I rolled my eyes. "Man she ain't a bitch and I wasn't buttering her up."

He unlocked my cell, laughing, as he pushed me inside. "Yeah, sure and all of that hey gorgeous shit was just fake, right?"

I sat down on my bed. "Get the hell out of my business," I replied.

"What are you gonna do about it?" he asked, challenging me.

I sighed and laid back on my bed. "Why the hell you still standing there?"

"'Cause I'm waiting on your crazy ass to do something to me."

"Don't hold your breath then," I replied, looking at the top bunk of the bed.

"Didn't plan on it." He walked out of my cell, slamming it closed, locking it and walking away.

"Man I hate that old bastard," Rico, my new cell mate said.

My old cell mate was here for about two days, never said a word to me and then ended up getting shipped off to the California Institution for Men, some prison down in Chinoo, California. Some of the other guys said he beat a nigga to death with his dinner try. Shit, I don't know what happened to him but I never got in the niggas way. The first day I got in here I knew that nigga was crazy as hell, so I kept my distance.

I looked over at him as he sat in the corner of the room, writing in that damn notebook of his like always. "Yeah," I mumbled.

"You got a girl back home?" he asked, looking up from his notebook.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "I guess you can say that," I replied.

"Well I got a little fuck buddy back at home and a couple of bitches on the side."

"Are those all the girls always coming up here, bringing you shit?" I asked him.

He laughed and nodded his head. "Yeah. I keep these bitches on a short leash, so they'll be sure to come back for a nigga. You got any kids?" he asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not technically at the moment, I don't."

"What's that supposed to mean? You're like one of the most complicated niggas I know."

"You don't know me."

He smacked his lips. "Well, you know what I mean," he replied. "So tell me what's up with this alleged kid."

"My girl's gonna have the baby any day now," I replied. He sighed and shook his head.

"It's going to be bad that you aren't gonna be there to see her have the baby. I swear something clicks in you when you see that happening."

"Something like what?" I asked turning to him.

He shrugged his shoulders and looked back down at his paper before looking back up at me. "I don't know man but whatever it is makes you want to become a better man for that kid, you know? Treat 'em better and raise 'em better than how you were raised. It's amazing," he mumbled, going to back to his notebook, to leave me in thought.