Chapter 21

Sincere

"Thanks for the ride," I told Jason

After me and Effrin's little show a the trap house he decided to step in, taking the initiative to get me out of there so that the two of us could calm down and get our minds back on what's truly important, finding out who's behind this mystery box even though it's pretty obvious it's Antoine's crazy ass.

"No problem. Y'all do that often?" he asked as I unbuckled my seat belt.

"We used to, don't worry about me. I'll be fine," I said, getting out of his car. I grabbed my purse, closed the door and walked up to Dawn's house.

"Tell Dawn I said hey!" Jason yelled out of the car window before pulling off.

I sighed and knocked on her door.

The door swung open and Charmaine stood in front of me. "What's up girl? What happened to your face?" he asked, letting me in.

"I got into a fight," I mumbled, collapsing on the couch next to Dawn. "Jason said hey, Dawn."

She nodded her head and kept looking at her phone.

"Who'd you get into a fight with?" Charmaine asked sitting down in the chair across from me.

"Stupid ass King."

"That nigga put his hands on you?!" Dawn yelled.

I nodded my head, yes. "It ain't even that big of a deal, it always happens," I replied.

"Damn Sin, I know you beat his ass too," Char said.

"Hell yeah I beat his ass. Next time I see him I'm gonna fucking piss on that nigga."

They both looked at me disgusted. "You nasty, bitch," Charmaine said, waving me off.

I shrugged my shoulders. "The nigga spit on me."

"Oh hell no! That's foul as fuck!" Char yelled.

"I spit on him too, 'cause he's a nasty ass bastard but I need one of y'all to take me back over his house later."

"For what? Are you in insane?" Dawn asked shocked that I said that.

"No I'm not insane. Y'all, honestly, I need some dick in my life."

Charmaine smacked his lips. "We all do but you don't need none from that nigga. When was the last time?"

"Fucking five months!"

"Damn," they both mumbled.

"I know. I need to get over there soon."

"He's gonna beat your ass though Sin," Dawn said.

"The nigga ain't gonna beat my ass, especially if I come in there acting all sad and apologizing. The nigga won't be able to control himself after all of that," I said, slightly smiling.

"Bitch you crazy, what you need to do is dump is old woman beating ass and come out to the club with me to get you a new man," Char replied.

"No man wants a pregnant, single mother, with no got damn job. The only reason King keeps coming back is because he's the reason I'm like this."

"Nah the nigga loves you. I see him constantly going through bitches but always coming back to you. He loves you Sin," Dawn replied.

I shrugged my shoulders. "So, what? I know he loves me but he doesn't show it."

"Look at that damn Rover you driving around in, or that clean ass Bentley you had last year, or all of those just-because shopping trips with his money, or that big ass house I know y'all living in or the baby y'all got. None of the rest of these broads that he got pregnant are still walking around with a baby and a baby Daddy that cares, but you do. If that's not love then I don't know what is. Bitch I'm jealous of you," Charmaine said.