Chapter 16

Sincere

It was Saturday night, the night of this amazing party Jason's supposed to be throwing at his house. I sneaked into the bathroom and wrapped my arms around Effrin as he brushed his teeth, looking in the mirror. I kissed his cheek. "Did you shower yet?" I asked him.

He shook his head, no. "Nah," he mumbled, pushing me off of him.

I sighed. "Do you want to shower together?" I asked as I started up the water.

He sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, probably not."

"What's wrong? You always like to take showers together," I replied.

"Just not today, okay Sincere? I just want to shower alone right now."

"OK fine. Be that way," I mumbled, walking out of his bathroom.

I grabbed the clothes I laid out on his bed and walked next door to my room to shower. I hopped in the shower and started scrubbing, trying to cleanse myself. I was scrubbing away all of the emotions I had set aside these past three days while Effrin acted like a bat out of hell.

I don't know what I did wrong this time. I've been acting normal and all of a sudden he just changes and flips on me. He keeps pushing me off of him, telling me to leave him alone when I've done nothing wrong but hold him down like I'm supposed to do. I'm doing my job, like he asked me to but I'm only his right hand, apparently. Maybe this relationship just needed to stay as helping him out and nothing more than that.

I stepped out of the shower 20 minutes later and wrapped the towel around my body. I grabbed my clothes and started getting dressed. I didn't plan on wearing anything too revealing or skimpy tonight because I didn't plan on dancing on anyone since the only person I wanted to dance on was acting like an ass at the moment. I was just going to smoke, drink and get out of the house, that we've been locked up in for weeks.

Effrin didn't bother grabbing my hand like he would have if he weren't upset, he just led me to the backyard where the real party was at. The top ballers of the area, who only fucked bitches and got paper sat back here on the deck, flocked around the backyard dancing to the music and having conversation that would later lead them to having sex.

"My man! I haven't seen you in a minute!" Jason said, dapping Effrin but he turned to me. "Hey Sincere." He let go of Effrin and reached out to hug me. "So, I take it you've been helping him out?" he asked, pointing to Effrin while he made small talk with people as he tried finding a seat.

"I guess you can say that," I replied.

"And in more ways than just with his arm, right?" he grinned.

I shook my head and pushed past him, refusing to answer his question. I knew he meant no harm but it was none of his business if Effrin and I had been sleeping together again, even though it was pretty obvious that we were. I pushed past the people crowding up the deck and I grabbed two beers out of the cooler.

"No drinking everything up this time!" Jason yelled over the people standing in between us.

"That will be taken under consideration," I yelled back to him.

I pushed through the people again and stood in front of Effrin. He willingly took the beer out of my hand and made way for me to sit down on his lap, since there wasn't anywhere else to sit. He rested his hand around my waist as I opened up his beer for him.

"So the power couple is back on I see."

I looked up and saw Candy coming up the steps. Am I stupid or didn't I tell her the other day not to come here? I know it's none of my business bu--it is my business. She fucked Effrin up mentally and physically with her bullshit and I refuse to let her do it again.