Chapter 10

Sincere

I pushed through the people crowding the door way to his hospital room and almost broke down in tears when I saw him but that Jason guy stopped me. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in my eyes. "The doctors said he didn't get shot anywhere bad. He should be out in the next couple of days," he said.

"Where'd he get shot?" I asked him.

"In his right arm, so he's gonna be out the streets for a few weeks since he needs some rest." I nodded my head and tried pushing past him again but he held on to my shoulders. "He said he needed to talk to you later."

"Alright, thanks," I mumbled, walking away from him.

I walked up to his bed, where girls were surrounding him. I pushed them out of my way, not feeling like dealing with their presence right now. "Excuse me," I said to one of them as she continued to have the audacity to stand next to Effrin even after I pushed the others out of the way. She still continued to hold on to his face as he looked up at me.

"Aye, let me talk to her for a minute," Effrin said as he pointed in my direction.

The girl looked my way and turned her nose up at me. "You've got three minutes," she mumbled, walking off.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the side of his bed before I grabbed his hand. "So, are you going to tell me how the hell this happened to you?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, I could but I don't want to get into all of that shit," he mumbled, rubbing his thumb across my hand. "So what's up with you?"

I sighed. "Effrin stop worrying about me. Let me worry about you right now, okay?"

He sighed and nodded his head. "It's whatever, I just don't want you worrying about me."

"Well I want to," I replied. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm hurting."

"Of course you are. Who'd you get into it with this time that somebody had the nerve to shoot you?" I asked him.

"Just don't worry about it right now. A'ight? I need your help with something though."

"What?"

"You know I'm a righty, right?" he asked, referring to how he uses his right hand.

I slightly smiled. "Yeah," I replied.

"Well the doctor said I need to rest for a few weeks, so I need you to be my right hand."

I sighed. "I'll see what I can do about that, where's your girlfriend?" I asked him.

"What girlfriend?"

"Candace," I replied.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Shit, I don't know. I haven't seen her ass in weeks. I just hope her crazy ass ain't up to nothing with my baby."

"Has anybody tried calling her?"

He nodded his head, yes. "Yeah but every time you call it says her phone has been shut off so I stopped calling her and I'm trying to stop worrying about her," he replied.

"Well it's normal for you to worry about her. She's your baby mama."

"I don't give a damn. I don't even think that baby's mine."

"How come?" I asked.

"She's a fucking hoe, who fucked me only minutes after meeting me. Ain't no telling how many niggas she let go inside of her. That baby could be any of these niggas around here. As soon as that baby comes out I'm going to get a paternity test 'cause that bitch ain't gon' lock me into 18 years of raising a child that ain't mine," he said.