Chapter 43

Effrin

I put Victoria down in her bassinet and walked downstairs, collapsing on the couch in the living room. The minute my body hit the couch, I immediately felt at ease. I was exhausted the past couple of days, having to play Mommy and Daddy since Sincere was out, not doing her part. I didn't mind being with my daughter but Sincere not doing shit is really starting to effect everything, like business that I can't really control anymore since I'm always trying to take care of Victoria.

I turned over on my stomach and closed my eyes, hoping to get a quick nap in before Victoria woke up but I couldn't. "Fuck," I mumbled, searching for my vibrating phone on the couch. I could feel it moving the couch but I was at the point where I didn't want to open up my eyes. I was too tired to be doing anything especially talking on the phone. I grabbed my phone and without looking at who was calling, I pressed answer.

"Effrin!"

I rolled my eyes at the sound of Kay's voice. "What's up? Why you yelling like I'm not gon' be able to hear you girl?" I asked, regretting I ever answered the phone.

"Because! You've been ignoring my calls and texts for the past couple of weeks and when I really needed you, you were no where to be found. I thought you said you were going to be there for me," she said.

"I am Kay."

"Then why have you been ignoring me? I needed you at my appointments months ago," she replied.

"Because I've just been busy."

"That's what you said when Sincere was in a coma, and I let you stay busy with her out of respect, but now you've got no reasons to make any excuses."

"You already know I'm trying to take care of my baby," I explained.

"What about our baby? Huh? You're just going to leave me in the dust for your other baby? I'm not just going to be one of your damn baby mama's just out looking for money."

"I know and I'm not asking you to be. I just want you to give me some time and I promise I'll come by to see you and Deonte tomorrow," I replied.

She sighed. "Are you sure? Because, I held you down while you were in jail like you told me to and I bought Deonte up there to see you almost every week. Do you know how much money I spent just so we could come see you?"

"Yeah and I told you that I appreciate you for that."

"That's not enough."

"Well, I'm taking care of you and Deonte for the next 18 years. I think that's going to be enough appreciation. How much more do you want," I asked her.

"Don't just take care of us by sending money so I can buy things, come spend time with your family Effrin."

"I need to spend time with my other family too."

"I know but make time so you can be with both of your families. Have you told Sincere about us and our baby yet," she asked.

I sighed and scratched the back of my head, now really regretting I ever picked up the phone. This is how it would go with Kay and I. We'd start off having the same 'I need to do shit' conversation then we'd end it by arguing about me not telling Sincere about the love child I've got. It's just something I've been meaning to tell her but there's just too much shit going on for me to bring it up right now, plus I know Sincere will kill me and Kay, since they used to hate each other back in high school.

Kay used to be a hoe, and probably still is, but in my eyes she's changed. I didn't want her to have my baby but sometimes shit slips out of my mouth when I'm fucking these broads and she took me serious and had my baby like she thought I wanted. I did want a baby at the moment but not from her. I wanted a baby from Sincere, when things were good.

"Nah I haven't told her about you and Deonte yet."

She smacked her lips. "When will you tell her? Because your son just keeps getting older and older. He's going to be one by the end of the year. What are you getting him for Christmas the next couple of months? How am I going to pay for his birthday party? Because he's going to have one. These are all expenses you're gonna have to explain to Sincere and I'm not going to look like a hoe when it all comes crashing down in your face."

"Look, don't even worry about all that shit."

"Well how am I not supposed to worry about it when you're not even taking care of us like you promised? You promised me you'd help me stop stripping but I can't because I have no way to afford this~"

I sighed. "Could you stop yelling ma? I told you already that I'm coming over tomorrow to bring you some money."

"And spend time with your son?"

"Yeah, bye," I mumbled, about to hang up but she started speaking again.

"What time are you going to come over tomorrow?"

"I don't know, just have the door open for me when I decide to come over," I replied, hanging up the phone.

I laid my phone down on my stomach and sighed. I knew Sincere would kill me when she found out about Kay and Deonte but I just can't take keeping this a secret anymore. It's really been eating me away inside for almost a year of lies and secrets. I can't just tell Kay to fuck off. I've got her pregnant a few times already and forced her to get an abortion but this time she wouldn't get one. She insisted on having my baby this time, especially since I put up so much money for a prenatal paternity test and it came back that Deonte was mine. I just hope Sincere takes this well.

n