yoonseok

Fall

Yoongi tried again; he took a breath, moving his right foot to hover over the edge, leaving his body to shake in the slight evening breeze. His eyes clouded up yet again, which had him realizing just how weak he truly was. He stuck his hand out, connecting it with the power cable pole next to him, to steady himself. His foot was still hovering over the edge, and before he tried again, he wiped his eyes roughly. He closed his eyes, taking his hands off the pole and bending his knees, ready to spring off, and fall-

Strong arms flew around his waist and jerked him backwards, so hard he fell back on top of the person, said person giving a loud 'umph!' of protest. Once he realized what happed, he flung himself away from the persons body, his tears starting up again as he screamed, 'no! No, goddamit why can't I just die?'
The person, a male, as Yoongi noticed even through his bleariness, crawled to him quickly, hands flying all over his body to apparently check vitals, as he felt the mans fingers press to his neck at one point.

Yoongis breathing was raged, and the tears continued to flow down his cheeks, as he sat there, body weak and motionless, all he could do being to helplessly cry. The man got a little closer, a shaky hand raising to Yoongis face, that he watched the whole time it was moving. The mans hand ended up cupping his face, the thumb gently sweeping under his eye. "M-my names Hoseok," the man said, making Yoongi shiver at the sudden voice, "I'm a doctor, a-and I want to help. Is that okay?" The last part was partially a whisper, but Yoongi still caught it.

He nodded weakly, once, tears streaming own his face, although he was silent. He almost never cried silently. The man-Hoseok apparently- scooted just a bit closer, so that his knees were brushing Yoongis thighs. Yoongis face turned to him, and once he saw the pity in the mans eyes, he started crying again, so hard that he had to lean forward to brace himself against his own knees. Hoseok practically pulled the sobbing boy into his lap, regardless of the fact they hardly knew each other. He craddled Yoongi as he cried, slowly rocking back and forth as he whispered encouragements to the black haired.

Hoseok had been driving home from his late shift of work, loud metal music blasting through his speakers in an attempt to keep him up. But when he'd seen the silhouette of a person, balancing on the edge of the bridge he was on, it was enough to have him awake. He'd pulled over and ran to the person just in time to pull them, him, back from the edge. And now, with the man cradled in his arms, he couldn't help but wonder.

Wonder why, what reason the man had for wanting to kill himself. To wonder why, he was wearing enough clothes to cover three people, and why, through all those clothes, Hoseok could feel just how tiny the man was. He wondered if the man weighed even eighty pounds... "W-whats you name?" Hoseok asked softly once the man had calmed down enough to a point where he could answer. "M-min Y-Yoon-Yoon..." He stopped, huffing in annoyance as he tried once again to wipe his face clean of tears.

"Min Yoongi," he finally said. Hoseok had waited patiently through the little ordeal, and now he nodded, "I like your name." Yoongi shook his head, a fat tear rolling down his cheek. Hoseok wondered if he disagreed. "Yoongi... Is there someone I can contact for you?" Yoongi didn't hesitate to nod no. Hoseok cocked his head, "surely...?" Yoongi shook his head once more, then he looked Hoseok in the eye, and saw the questioning look. The frail boy sighed, "my dad killed himself when I was seven. My mom abandoned me a long time ago for a stupid reason. I don't have any other family, and I don't have any friends."

Hoseok swallowed, then let loose what he'd been holding back, "I'll be your friend." Yoongi looked at him in almost utter disbelief. "Why?" He asked, his voice matching the look on his face. "Because... Even though I hardly know you, you seam interesting-" Yoongi cut him off,
"In what way! I'm the most boring person you could ever meet-"
"The quietest people often have the best stories to tell," Hoseok cut him off in return, a confident smile on his lips. Yoongi slowly shook his head, really not comprehending why.