Taegi

Uh

Yoongi rolled his shoulders slowly as he walked, exhausted. He'd stayed up until four last night studying for exams that got canceled. A waste of time. He turned to the bathrooms, leaning down to take a drink from the fountains when he noticed something. Or rather, someone. The sound of someone crying. He turned his head slowly, wiping his mouth. He listened.... And there it was again...Coming from the boys bathroom. He walked in, looking around. He spotted legs under a stall and sighed.

"You alright in there?" He asked softly. The boys voice hitched and a quiet whimper of "no", echoed out from the stall. Yoongi raised his eye brows. Either this boy hadn't hit puberty, or the crying was making his voice higher. "Hey? Dude can you come here? You can tell me what's wrong, I won't judge." The feet suddenly shuffled and the stall door opened, causing Yoongi to gulp.

'Oh...'
"I-im not a boy," the girl before him whispered. "Shit..! I-im so sorry for assuming... Th-this is a-a-"
"Boys bathroom? Yeah, I know. They won't let me in the other one." Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows, "w-who-"
"Those fucking Cis chicks! They think they're sooo much better then me," she started crying again, "just b-because they're b-born with fucking v-vaginias." Yoongi gulped again. He had to admit, he didn't know much about transgenderism. "H-hey," he started, not sure what to do with the crying girl. He never was good around crying people. Instead, he turned around and grabbed a fistful of napkins, walking towards her.

He handed them to her, making sure not to move fast in case she got scared. She took them and dabbed under her eyes, turning away so Yoongi couldn't see her. "W-whats your name?" He asked gently, embarrassed he didn't know her. "The name I was born with and they won't stop calling me?!" She demanded harshly, "or the one I prefer?"

"The o-one you prefer, of course."
"T-taesung, then." He nodded, watching her wipe at her smeared makeup. She turned to the mirror, immediately starting to cry again. "Fuck! They're right, I can never be a goddamn girl-"
"Hey hey hey!" Yoongi whisper shouted, taking Taesungs hands away from her so she would stop tugging on her hair. "I-i really am a monster-"
"Don't say that!" Yoongi exclaimed, removing one of his hands so he could hand her another napkin.

She just continued to cry, shaking her head slowly. "I-i don't know much about your situation, or you in general, but Taesung, you're beautiful. Just like any other girl. Because if you say you're a girl, then you are a goddamn girl." She sniffle-laughed, pushing a strand of silky black hair behind her ear with a gold dangling earring hanging off it.

Yoongi decided to be brave and reached out, gently wiping a stray tear off her face. She giggled at the touch, and Yoongi knew then that the sound was the most beautiful thing he'd ever heard. "I-i never asked your name," she suddenly said shyly. "O-oh, I'm Yoongi."
"And you're okay with...?" She gestured at herself.
He cocked his head, admittedly confused. "You being a girl? Well yeah, of course. You've always been a girl, right? Now... You're just, expressing it...?" He said slowly, afraid he'd somehow offend her. She laughed lightly in response, nodding, "finally someone who gets it," She said, barely above a whisper.

Yoongi smiled, his lips twitching funnily before finally forming into a real smile. "Oh you have a wonderful smile! You should wear it more often!" Taesung says, poking his cheek. He looks down, a bit embarrassed but happy she touched him. "T-thank you."

He looked up, wondering why she thanked him. "What for?"
"F-for understanding. Or at least, being open minded even if you don't fully understand." He smiles again, wanting nothing more to just hug her. Apparently she was thinking the same because she stood on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around his neck, burring her face in his shoulder. He was stunned for a second but shortly returned the gesture by placing his hand on the small of her back, pulling her in closer just the smallest of a fraction.