yoonseok

Fences

"I don't want to though," fourteen year old Hoseok whines.
"Why not?" Fifteen year old Yoongi asks, his small fingers poking through the fence.
"Because then you'll see my face..." The younger of the two whispers, reaching out to brush Yoongis fingers.
"What's wrong with it? I quite like it from what I can see." Hoseok sighs, pulling away his hand. "I'll see you tomorrow yeah? My parents think I'm crazy that I still have 'imaginary' friends," he laughs humorlessly, "they still don't get it every time I try to explain that you're real, and were just talking thought the fence."

Yoongi chuckles in understanding, reaching his fingers through again, "talk to you tomorrow then, Hobi Obi." This was an annoying nick name Yoongi had picked up for the younger when they had first met, that being when Hoseok moved here with his parents at age nine. He and Yoongi had met through this very fence he was walking away from, and by the third day they had been there, the two clicked and had talked every day since then.

Hoseok had called Yoongi Yoongles even though the elder hated it, just to get back for his own embarrassing nick name. And the two had been joined at the hip ever since. Not literally, in fact, they'd never met in person. Yoongi had just now been asking him about meeting up, they did just live across from each other after all. Their houses were backed up to each others, a fence separating their back yards. A fence that Hoseok had come to both love and hate. He hated it because it separated him from Yoongi, but he loved it because it was still tall enough to leave his face in partial mystery.

He had been self conscious about his body, his voice, his personality, everything really, about himself, since as long as he could remember. He also had horrible anxiety that his parents waved away nonchalantly, saying it was normal teenage angst. He wanted to see Yoongi face to face. He did. But his anxiety, as it always did, overruled every thing.

~

Yoongi had been gone for almost a month now. Hoseok wasn't sleeping, wasn't eating, and his grades had dropped drastically. His parents were just now starting to worry, but for the wrong reasons. He just wanted his friend. They used to lie awake at night, flashing Morse code messages to each other though their two story windows, close enough for flashlights but too far to see faces.

He missed Yoongi, and wondered if his parents were right. If he'd gone insane. But that was outrageous, he knew it was. He'd known Yoongi for five years, he knew that wasn't fake. He could hardly get out of bed any more, and his parents were worried he was going to do something. Like kill himself, type of do something. But that's not what was on his mind. All he could think about was how much he missed his friend.

~

Years passed of Hoseok being the lonely kid he was before he met Yoongi. He'd been lonely at school then too, but he didn't need any else other then his friend through the fence. But now he was back to how he felt like when he was nine. Small, weak. Defenceless, really. It had been three years since Yoongis sudden disappearance, and Hoseok still desperately missed him. By now he wasn't sure if Yoongi had been real or not. A depressed, lonely boy making up a friend? Likely. A perfect boy befriending someone like him? Unlikely.

He was afraid though, that he would forget what Yoongis voice sounded like, real or not. The one time he'd thought to recorded any time he had spent with Yoongi, was a day Yoongi had been gone. But just as Hoseok was saying bye to the camera, someone's laugh filled the back ground, followed by Hoseoks young and shrill voice calling Yoongis name. This little segment, a mere four seconds, was all he had. He didn't even know if it was Yoongis laugh or not, but he hoped it was.

It was how he fell asleep, every single night. He had made a three hour long version of just that clip, the four seconds repeated over, and over and over again. It was the only way he even had a hope of sleeping these days. The boy had developed insomnia, and even the strongest pills didn't keep his mind from reeling. He desperately wanted to just sleep. Preferably in Yoongis arms. But that was something that probably wouldn't ever happen.

~

It happened on a random Tuesday night. A night Hoseok would never forget. He had been cleaning out his fathers old wood shed when he heard a voice he could recognize anywhere: "-okay- okay! Okay mom! I'm going! See! I'm going!" He dropped the shovel he had been holding, barely comprehending the large clatter it had made. He turned on his heel and sprinted, out his back gate and across their front lawn, to the next street over. He ran right up to the door he'd been walking by for the past two years in unfulfilled hope, and knocked harshly. While the footsteps approached he tried to calm his breath, then the door swung open and a woman smiled at him. "Hi young man? What can I help you with?"

"I-is Y-yoongi here?" He managed, not wanting to be rude by looking over her shoulder into the house, "yeah hold on a sec," she said, then leaned back into the house, "Yoongi! Cute boy here to see you!" Hoseoks case flushed at that, and the woman winked before walking away, leaving the door open and the sound of a different fair of feet approaching. His eyes snapped to a frame walking closer muttering something about 'crazy old woman,' before the voice cut its self off and Yoongis body stepped into the light of the front porch light.

"H-hobi?" Hoseok gulped, tears already starting to fill his eyes, "Yoongles," he responded, managing a weak smile. "Hobi Obi!" Yoongi shrieked, launching himself forward to tackle Hoseok to the ground, the two landing in the grass with a resounding thud. A sound of a camera snapping didn't even phase the two as Yoongi rolled on top of him, not even needed to ask as he crashed his lips against Hoseoks, the younger kissing back happily.
He broke apart long enough to mutter, "god I missed you," before kissing him again.

~

As it turns out, Yoongis mom and her new wife had sent Yoongi across the street to live at his grandmothers house for his remaining studying years to be homeschooled. He had always had trouble working in a classroom with other kids, so his mom who had been single at the time, did her best for her son. Yoongi hadn't wanted to go either, and had wanted to at least say bye to Hoseok. But no such luck came to him.

Now three years later, reunited and happy, the two moved away to make their history together in a compromised house, not to far from a city, but not so far that they were in rural country. And they lived their lives almost perfectly. Because nothing, is perfect after all. And that was completely fine.

~

Sorry this isn't much better!!! Not edited either ugh-_-
For -saltyjeon ilysm!!!

(Took this down to edit, this is a republish~~<3)