vkook

Something, nothing, everything

Three. Such a common number. A number used in almost any fairy tale. Three little pigs. Three three fairy god mothers. Three little bears. And so on. Three years, that Taehyung and Jungkook where together. Why did it seam to go so fast? Every passing second they were together they seamed to be high on each others everything, something tying them together. Nothing breaking them apart. They were inseparable, unbreakable. Until Taehyung came home drunk and high one night, and hit Jungkook. Jungkook left, and they didn't see each other again for guess, three months.

For Jungkook, it was hard to get or his past lover. Hard to get over the fact that he left so fast, because of something the elder did while intoxicated. Hard to believe, he would go back for anything. But apparently Taehyung felt different. He had moved on, and started up a relationship with some girl. A girl three years younger then him. A girl, because apparently he liked them now. When his friend Jimin asked why over the internet, his reply was short and simple;

Discovered I'm Bi

Jungkook, who had seen the post, didn't buy it. Taehyung had never liked them, and they had known each other since middle school. Jungkook soon found out the girl Taehyung was with was abusive and not understanding, hate posting about her boyfriend being 'Bi'. Three weeks had passed, Jungkook had been ignoring his social media for reasons of his own. And he really didn't want to see the couples fight over the internet. So when he logged back in, he was shocked.

The last picture that Taehyungs girlfriend had posted was a gun shoved down her throat, eyes closed and finger over the trigger. Taehyung seamed devastated. Jungkook couldn't understand why. But he wanted to be there for him. So he decided to reach out, private messaging his ex. Taehyungs answers were short and sloppy, which wasn't helping Jungkooks nerves. The boy huffed at Tae's most recent answer, then made up his mind.

I'm coming over, he texted.

At Taehyungs door, he knocked three times, tapping his foot impatiently. There was silence. The younger huffed again, testing the door. Open. Jungkook shook his head, thinking how stupid it was. But he closed it behind him, rushing up the steps. There he stood, back to Jungkook, hair messy and clothes wrinkled. Jungkook grasped his shoulder gently, moving him to see his face. "Hi," Jungkook mumbled quietly. Taehyung bursted into tears, grabbing the younger and shoving his face into his shirt.

"Tae oh my god I'm sorry," Jungkook whispered, awkwardly stroking the olders messy hair, trying to comfort him like he used to. "I'm so sorry Tae." He felt his ex shake his head into his chest, his breath still coming out in hiccupy sobs. "I should be the one saying I'm sorry, Jungkook. S-she... I didnt... You were right, I don't like girls! S-she was..." He trailed off, moving his face from Jungkooks chest to his neck, arms traveling upwards as well, his body moving closer to the the youngers.

"I'm sorry Kookie. She meant nothing to me. I-i, i thought i liked girls too... I thought i could like her. But, i said something about dating boys before. A-and... She just, flipped. She was completely different. A-and... She hurt me. She hurt me Jungkook." The last part was barely a whisper, Jungkooks eyes going wide at the statement.  "W-what do you mean?" The younger said, trying to move them to a couch.

Taehyung sighed, letting go so he could sit down, then pulled his legs up to his chest once he was seated, placing his face between his knees. Jungkook sat down lightly next to him, running his hand over the elders hair gently. "Tae...What?" Taehyung lifted his head, wiping at his eyes. "E-every time I tried explaining things t-to her, she would hit me. A-and I would sit there and take it... Because I thought I loved her. I thought it was okay..." Jungkook shook his head, tears leaving his eyes. "Tae... No, oh my god..."

Taehyung sniffled, wiping angrily at his eyes again. Jungkook reached out, taking his hands. "Tae..." Said boy sighed, his body slipping on to the youngers. Jungkook pulled the rest of Taehyung in to his lap, cradling the boy. "I... I love you. Like platonically or whatever! But like...you know like-"
"Jungkook! Yah, I love you too, you idiot," Taehyung cut him off, laughing. Jungkook smiled, happy he got the elder to smile.

~~

But apparently Jungkooks love wasn't enough. Taehyung fell into a deep depression, something so odd to see on him. Taehyung was the type of person to bring joy to anyone, and now, he was just... Empty. He moved back in with Yoongi, who lived across from Jungkook, so both of them could keep a close eye on the boy. But no matter their attempts, Taehyung was just so, so sad. They got him pills for it, but the side effect of depression pills was a higher chance for suicidal thoughts, and eventually got him off the pills, trying something different.

But Taehyung was indifferent. There were still hours he was alone, when Yoongi was on his late shift and Jungkook was asleep. And those were the worst moments. The time he was left alone with his own thoughts, the worst times. Or when Jimin came over to visit Yoongi, and Taehyung just felt so lost. He wanted that. That love. But he felt like he didn't deserve it. And it was tearing him from the inside out.

Regardless; of Jungkooks constant questioning, asking Taehyung what he needed; of Yoongi inviting people over to visit him; of Jungkook trying to set him up on a dating app in hopes of a spark of emotion, Taehyung was empty. To be honest, he wanted Jungkook. And Jungkook wanted him. But both knew it wasn't right. And so Taehyung planned.

The worst kind of plan. Something someone should never plan. Should never have to plan. His death. The cafe where he and Jungkook first met, was next to a busy over pass, other busy roads under it. Busy roads where Jimins mom got in a car accident and died. Busy roads, next to the company Namjoon owned, and was in line for. The business that Jin worked at. Busy roads, where Hoseok worked as a tour guide.

This spot, it had so much meaning to Taehyung. So much tied into the tiny little spot. So on a Thursday, one gloomy day in March, Taehyung wrote notes. One to Jungkook, the longest. One to his parents. One to Namjoon and Jin. One to Jimin and Yoongi, and one to Hoseok. All wishing them the best, all apologies, for their time and effort spent on something worthless. Apologies for his burden.

And he left. He walked. Slowly, so slowly, thirty minutes across the already busy town, at five in the morning. Up this bridge to the exact middle. And he sat down. Waiting. Waiting for the sun to get close to rising. Just before the sun made its way over the sky scrapers, he jumped. Because it symbolized lost opportunities just as said opportunities present themselves. Because it symbolized how he felt.

And when Jungkook got the call, when he found the letter, he walked to the same spot, and sat, just where Taehyung had, back against the railing, and cried. He cried, actual, full bodied sobs. And then he read the letter Taehyung left, ripping it up after he did, tossing it over the bridge. It was full of so many apologies. So many things Jungkook didn't want to see. Taehyung was never, a burden to him.

He had never found the elder in the least bit annoying, or anything else he had written in the letter. And now, he was gone. And Jungkook was left behind. With nothing. Something. Everything. Three things. Three things he would always remember. Always.

~~
Wow um okay. Sorry..?