TaeJinKook

Train tracks

Jin walked faster, pulling the thinning flannel closer around his frail body. He squinted, why must it be so bright but so cold? He brought his hands up to his face and blew into them, rubbing them together in hopes that friction could warm them up. He stumbled slightly, as he annoyingly did every time, as he climbed onto the tracks.

The old Railroad, connecting his small, dying, town, to the one next to his. But two years ago an avalanche covered a huge chunk of the tracks, and it was impossible to use afterwards. Meaning his trip to the tree house was safer. He spotted the rickety old thing in it's large tree, close but far away enough from the tracks that it was safe for the three. "Tae? Kookie?" He called, barely able to form words his teeth were chattering so hard.

"Hyung!!" He heard Jungkooks voice, followed by Taehyungs deeper one, calling out to him. The two younger boys rushed out of the trees behind the house and hurtled at him. Jin laughed as they collied with him, knocking him to the ground. Their energy never seamed to cease, no matter the weather or conditions. Jungkook was the first to apologize, and he helped the eldest up.

Jin slung his arms around the two and guided them back to the tree house. All three boys were from poor, disfunctional families, so when they found each other, they made their own. Years ago they all contributed to building the tree house, when the railroad was still running. Each boy had snuck furniture or objects out of his house to bring to their own house, made in a tree that they had played in as children.

Jin helped the younger two up before hoisting himself up, smiling as the familiar atmosphere hit him. It was barely big enough for them anymore, but they made do. They had tons of carpets, rugs, ratty old blankets, and pillows to lie on, and since Jin had gotten a job recently, a small radio.

The two youngest curled up to Jin, who chuckled and pulled them closer. As they started to drift off, Jin had that feeling again. The one that had been randomly popping up for months. Their sent filled his nose, and the feeling spread. He had been dying to find out what is was, and he suddenly gets an idea of what it could be. Love.

He loved them. But not in a brotherly, older friend way. Not an 'I care about you,' more of, 'I need to hold you like my life depends on you'. The love you feel with the person you're getting married too... But it was for both of them, not one of them.

What is this? He thought.(lmao nightmare before Christmas) Not only was he in love with a boy, something his father would probably kill him for, he was in love with two.

~~

Jungkook groaned, rubbing his eyes sleepily. Jin smiled at him, and fought the urge to kiss him. Jin sat up, his arm that had been around the still sleeping Tae untangling from his body. If he didn't leave now, he didn't know if he could resist his urges.

"Hey, listen Kookie. I've got to go-"

"Where?" Taehyung asked, peeking a sleepy eye open. Jin felt his ears going red at Taehyungs cuteness, but ignored it. "Work," he answered sheepishly. "I thought you said you only work during the week?"

"They're really understaffed at the moment, and I forgot they called me in..." He came up with quickly, scooting towards the trap door of the tree house. "Hyung you forgot our hugs!" Jungkook whined, scooting after Jin. Jin couldn't help it, he blushed. Jungkook hugged him around his neck, and Jin felt another pair around his waist, Tae.

"O-okay, bye guys-" he cut himself off, slipping out of the trap door and climbing down the rope ladder shakily. "Bye Hyung!!" Jungkook shouted, sticking his messy bead head out of the trap door. Jin smiled, then walked away briskly. He shoved his hands in his pockets, letting his head sag as he walked. He loved them. That was it. Simple. Not really.