Chapter 14

It all went black.

''LINK! Link... link...'' The voice echoed painfully.

Tears falling onto his cheeks, as his vision was blurred by blood. He could hear her screams, and begs for him to stay. But he couldn't. He had to go.

He didnt want this to be goodbye.

''I cant lose you again.''

He didnt want to go.

He didnt mean for this to be the end.

''I'll be back someday.''

~~ 500 years later.

''Link?'' A little girl giggled.

''Yes YN?'' The boy replied, with a toothy grin.

''You'll always love me, right?'' She smiled softly.

Her smile... was so beautiful.

''Always!''

''And you'll always trust me?''

''Always...'' He smiled once more, as he heard a soft sob escape her lips. ''I'm sorry Link.''

''What? Why?''

''For this...'' She murmured softly, as she transformed and pounced on him, She began to circle him, attacking beasts and things that tried to touch him.

He was out cold, but could still hear her sweet, ten year old voice.

''Please, please save him. I accept this curse and life you have bestoed on me. But please, dont hurt him.'' She begged.

''It is not a curse for doing wrong, a gift for doing right.''

What had she done wrong?

''Wipe his memories of me. I will return when the time is right.''

''Never forget me Link.''

''Link... Link... Link... link... ''

Link awoke in a cold sweat. The first... musthave been a flashback from their previous life, and the second must have been what took place ten years ago...

Curse? Life? 

Link shook his head, and he cleared his throat, and stood up. Where on earth was he? It was cold, damp and smelt like dead, rotten carcasses down here.

''YN? Are you there?'' He was soon replied by a groan, next to him. Link rushed to YN's aid.

''Are you okay?'' Link called out, as he sat her up. It was pitch black. ''I think so... where are we?'' 

''Im not quite sure...'' He replied looking about.

''Dont you remember this place YN? Haven't you told him your secret?''

''Y-you...''