The Journey - Pillowtalk

this scene happened after their first huge fight as a married couple, when RJ found out that she was using the pill without his knowledge. please read Long Way Down and then Fireproof on The Journey to know more about what went down on that fight

~~~~

Dei slowly pulled away from their kiss and looked at RJ. He opened his eyes and stared back at her questioningly.

"What's wrong?" he asked, touching her face.

"You're being too gentle, too... careful," she said, sighing. She was leaning against the door of their room with her arms around his neck but she was frowning at him.

"Do you prefer it when I'm not gentle?"

"Not necessarily," she answered. "But we've been kissing for almost three minutes and the way you're kissing me is so slow and so gentle it's kinda frustrating. It's sweet and it warms my heart but I can't help noticing how it lacks... passion."

RJ sighed. "I'm sorry. You're right. I'm being cautious. I dunno, suddenly you seem so fragile again. It's stupid, but I keep thinking that since you don't want a baby yet, I have to be very careful with how I handle you when we make love... if that even makes sense."

Dei laughed a little. "It doesn't. And you're right, it's stupid." she said. She pushed him on his chest and quickly walked out of their room.

"Hey, where are you going?" he asked as he watched her walk towards the sofa and pick something up. "I'm sorry."

She didn't answer but just looked at him with a smug smile as she stepped back into the room with her phone in her hand. She walked over to the entertainment center across their bed and plugged the phone to the speakers.

"What are you doing?" he asked curiously, watching her from the foot of the bed.

"I'm setting the right mood," she said, turning to him with a sultry smile as she pressed play on the phone. "This will be playing on repeat Richard Jay, you better enjoy it."

•Press play on the header video to listen to this song while reading the rest of the chapter. This defo sets the mood for the kind of uhmm.. love making they're gonna have

The first notes of the song played and RJ chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. He paused when she started pulling the ties on her silk robe and slowly shrugged it off her body till it fell to the floor, leaving her in her flimsy night slip. He swallowed hard.

He glanced at her face as she walked towards him and he saw a determined look in her eyes, coupled with a sexy smile that made him bite his lip in anticipation.

"I'm not fragile, RJ," she whispered as she stood in front of him. She brushed her lips slightly against his and then gently pulled his lower lip with her teeth before leaning back and staring at him, effectively leaving him wanting more.

He grinned at her and pulled her by the waist, pressing her body closer against him. He placed his other hand behind her neck and then pulled her in for a kiss, his lips crushing on hers with a demanding force that made her groan.

Her hands flew to his hair at once, tugging the strands as their tongues explored each other's mouths. As their kisses deepened, she moved her hands to the hem of his shirt and started pulling it up, her palms brushing against his stomach and chest.