The Experiment - Empowered

"What are you reading? You've been ignoring me since you got that out of your bag," RJ said, peeking at the book cover. "Hello, Richard?"

"Uhuh..." she said distractedly.

"I've never heard of it. Who's the author?" RJ asked, trying to read the synopsis on the back cover.

"She's an up and coming author - Kreng Samson - but this story came out on Wattpad first," Dei explained, not looking up. "It gathered a very huge following and readership there so she tried publishing it, and now it's slowly becoming a national best-seller. Mara was kind enough to lend me her copy..."

"Is it good?" RJ asked, trying to keep the conversation going, now that he got a bit of her attention.

"Very... Once you start reading it, you really won't be able to stop." she said, flipping the page.

"I can see that," RJ said, a bit grumpily. He peeked at the page Dei was currently reading and she quickly moved away when she noticed.

"Well would you look at that," RJ said with a smirk. He snatched the book from Dei and started reading a few lines. "D: I move my head further down as slowly as I can with my breath hitting your skin every time I exhale. I'm just above your navel. R: Lower." He looked up at Dei, his eyebrows raised. "So you're hooked, huh?"

"That's impolite," Dei said, frowning. She crossed her arms and pursed her lips as she leaned against the arm rest of the sofa. "And no, that isn't the only reason why I'm hooked."

RJ placed the book on the coffee table and started moving slowly towards her. "You don't need this, Dei. Not right now." he whispered, his face just a few inches from hers. "We've been planning something since last week but we always ended up doing something else less... exciting."

"Yes, like sleeping. We've been very tired," Dei whispered back. "I need to finish that... And another book." she said.

RJ reached for Dei's face and brushed his thumb against her cheek, his other hand propped on the sofa between her and the back rest. "So there's another book?"

"Yeah." she said in a small voice.

"What is it?" he moved his thumb and traced the outline of her lips.

"Airplanes and Shooting Stars," she answered, her breathing starting to become more uneven as she met RJ's scorching gaze.

"What is it about?"

"It's another... It's a love story about... about destiny," she managed to say. RJ's hand had started moving from her face, to her ear, down the side of her neck, until finally resting on the first button on her blouse.

"Are you sure you want to finish those now?" he unbuttoned it, and moved on to the next.

"Uhhh..."

"I'm waiting," RJ said, his hand hovering on the third button.

"No, not really." she said, reaching for the collar of his shirt and pulling him in for a kiss.

RJ kept his hand propped beside Dei as he kissed her, his other hand continuing its work on the buttons of her blouse until he was able to release each of them till the last one. Dei's hands have flown to his hair and were gently pulling the strands as she kissed him with fervor like she had never done before.